College football thread

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
*grumble grumble grumble*

Two seconds...two lousy f*#king seconds...two seconds that kept Penn State from going undefeated...

Oh well. At least we get to hand Bowden his hat in the Orange Bowl.

woodman19_99

I'll be interested in seeing who gets the BCS at large bids, between Oregon, Ohio State and ND. I wouldn't mind seeing an OSU-ND Fiesta bowl, although I must say I would be torn because I am an OSU fan as well as a Charlie Weiss fan... either way though, it should be a pretty good game, although I would have to give the edge to OSU based on defense...

HomeLAN

I would've almost paid to watch the SEC championship game at Unc and Tonks' place. You two OK? Tough loss for LSU. HAHAHAHAAAA!

Both major GA teams made the top 25, although Tech did it by the skin on their teeth. UGA gets the sugar bowl vs. W. VA., and Tech may lose it's grip on the peach bowl and end up in the music city bowl. WTF is the music city bowl?

HomeLAN

Nope. Tech got fucked by both NC State and VA (both with inferior records) and will now go to the West coast - again. The emerald bowl in Sanny Franny.

What a fucking farce.

unclehobart

It was cool over here by me as I'm a UGA fan over LSU. It was bittersweet for Tonks as it was her #1 team fighting her #2 team. I just feel bad for the SEC in general since all of our postseason powerhouses are all 9-2 and pretty much have little chance of eeking into a top 5 slot. I fear for UGA next year since QB DJ Shockley is graduating with heir apparent. The quick and dirty paperwork suggests a slide back into mediocrity.

Inkara1

HomeLAN said:
Nope. Tech got fucked by both NC State and VA (both with inferior records) and will now go to the West coast - again. The emerald bowl in Sanny Franny.

What a fucking farce.
They'd better make sure they don't take their handguns with them. :D

unclehobart

I think it would be harder to get them on the aircraft in the first place... but then I find it difficult to think that a pack of 60 men averaging 6'3/270 really need a gun.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
unclehobart said:
I think it would be harder to get them on the aircraft in the first place... but then I find it difficult to think that a pack of 60 men averaging 6'3/270 really need a gun.

They need arms more than anyone else. Just because there's always some macho idiot who thinks they can take the big guy...;)

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
They need arms more than anyone else. Just because there's always some macho idiot who thinks they can take the big guy...;)

One of my best friends in college was 6'7" and weighed 280 or so (looked like solid muscle to me) And it used to amaze me how many drunks would fuck with him. A guy I'd known in high school did it once (I headed him off) and a couple of weeks later saw Dave when he was sober. He actually quit drinking for a few weeks. :lol:

kat2220

Rose Bowl is gonna be interesting this year, and the TROJANS are gonna HURT Texas!

FYI, my dear daughter got her Masters Degree at USC, lives in Pasadena, and has tickets.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
She didn't learn much did she? Living in Pasadena, the week of the Roses? Not in this lifetime :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The're usually ranked into & thru part of the season. It's the final 4 games that makes or breaks 'em.

Look out Rose Bowl (or whatever serves these days)

kuulani

Go Warriors!
345391.gif

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They should be unbeaten at home. Have the outside players fly to Hawaii & party for a couple of days beforehand.