Confusing tid bit.

Acid

I'll try to keep it condensed.

I asked a girl to Prom (that I have been talking to for a while, just bad timing), and she says yes - She even told my best friend she wanted me to ask her.

A week and a half later, I find out she has a boyfriend! But here's where the situation gets wierd, she didn't tell me..one of my friends mentioned it, in her presence. She gave him a look of death, etc. She had once made it seem like she didn't have a boyfriend (I said "where's your man" joking around about someone else, and she said that she had none). She doesn't talk about him around me. Ever.

So, at a TSA conference that is 3 days long, I hang out with her all 3 days. We talk constantly, flirt, etc. We're always side by side. We talk about prom some. I don't go party with my friends to hang out with her (I bet I pissed some guys off). I pretty much did everything I could to impress her, in the least.

And to top it off, she flirted with me the entire way home (more than I flirted with her!).

I don't get it. What am I supposed to think/do about this? She has a boyfriend, but obviously likes me as well. This kind of thing happened last year, and it left a sour taste in my mouth (initially, but it still sucks wasting the time).

Oh, and she said one very odd thing. I might touch up on that later. It.. um.. sounds good, for me.

How should I go about asking her out though? Should I just up and ask her out to a movie/whatnot, or flirt around until she gets the point/knows I'm serious and breaks up with her guy?

Professur

Either it's a recent breakup that she doesn't want to discuss, or she's yanking ya.

But ya plays the game, and ya takes yer chances.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
i don't understand your ways, you hang out with her, you walk her home, but you don't know if you should ask her out?

Seriously, i date girls before it even crosses my mind to walk them home.

ok, back to topic, learn this, women can be real bitches, she's either playing with you or playing with him, which lead us to conclude that she likes to play, and trust me, you don't want to be part of that unless you know how to play harder.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Playing people is bad.

For example...my ex bf (Vince) broke up with me cause he couldn't handle a relationship and he says he may want to get back with me in the future. Well, the guy I was with BEFORE him (David) wanted me back. I made sure I told David that I would drop him for Vince in heart beat. I told him I thought it was unfair for me to be with him while I felt like that and he said he wants to be with me anyway. I have been honest with him and he has chosen to be with me so that is his choice, I do not feel I am playing him. Also, I have told Vince that should the time arise when he wants me back I don't want him to not tell me just because I am with David. I want to be told so I can make my own decision about who I want (and Vince knows it will most likely be him).

So, in short, if she had TOLD you about her bf and the situation there atleast you could make your own decision about what to do but leading you on to believe she is single is just plain wrong in my opinion...:(

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Find 'em, feed 'em, f*ck 'em & forget 'em

* feeding is optional

Acid

No, I'd rather pre-occupy myself with having fun and spending time with someone I like / enjoy being with.

greenfreak

Why don't you kill two birds with one stone? Say, "I wanted to ask you something. Are you going out with anyone else?" if she asks why, tell her because you want to ask her out but don't want any questions about whether she's going out with anyone else or not.

I'd put her on the spot and find out what you want to know. But I tend to put people on the spot alot, and lack discretion. :)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Greenie: I tend to lack discretion aswell, If I have something to say or ask I do it. :D

nalani

maybe she's not playing you .. maybe she likes you AND likes her boyfriend ... shitty thing to say, I know, and a lot of people may not agree with me, but it's possible that she likes both of you ... and doesn't wanna let go of her boyfriend lest things don't work out with you, or vice versa ...

but I agree with Greenie - just ask her what's up

Acid

I'm going too. I've got a job now, so asking her out on a date is sorta of restricted now, but I'll try to find time.

If I catch her really off guard and she asks why, I'll just tell her I like her and that I'd like to at least take her out a few times before he go to prom :rolleyes:

greenfreak

...but the *real* why is that you don't want to be jerked around. If she doesn't want to talk about it, bad sign. I'd probably save myself the trouble. Then again, if some guy was flirting with me and agreed to go to the prom with me and I found out he had a girlfriend, I'd drop him like a hot potato. :)

madrin

...erm..is it just me , or didn't you say that you had asked her to a prom dance?

...isn't that a "date".....by pretty much anyone's definition?

..and if so....and she said yes....then you "asked her out"...successfully...

...or, maybe I'm too much of an old fart now and fail to understand that the
"prom" is now just a networking event...

..I didn't get any at my junior prom....

I remedied that situation at my senior one....

but each one was most assuredly a "date".

MADrin

freako104

she might be playing you, she might like you, maybe they broke up. theres a lot there. she might also be confused or something. were wishing you the best there and hopefully itll all work out perfectly. try to keep who you are even if things dont work out well. were all here for ya. theres too many things we and you dont know and possibly even she might not know. take care mate

tommyj27

Not really Banned
my brother just went to prom last saturday, almost the same situation, he went with a good friend who has a boyfriend that didn't want anything to do with prom. so rather than going to the afterparty with their group he came home and she went to spend the weekend at the boyfriend's cabin. i didn't know about the BF till the day after, kinda sucks for my brother.