Contest of curiosity

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
10 in my machine right now

when I take it home and play "switch the hardware" I will have 16.

I will also acquire another 64mb of ram I THINK (I love changing stuff so my computer is better and my brother's is runable)

Mirlyn

tommyj27 said:
mirlyn, how difficult is it to set up LTSP? i've got some extra hardware lying around, might be a good rainy day project

Took me about an hour to do it for the first time. I've got about 30 on campus running it now. Also ran a lab of 20 at a summer camp. I can do the config now in about 15 mins--not too hard at all. Biggest problem is finding a network card with either A) bootrom capabilites and a chip for it or B) boot disk for the NIC.

You'll need a server with a lot of memory. I've got a 700 here with only 196mb that desparately needs more ram, runs my ltsp client like shit. The servers I ordered for campus are MP 1800s with 1-1.5gb ram and run the clients like a normal machines. Our server at camp was dual 866s with I think a gig of ram.

I think it was only four packages to install, set up dhcp, setup xconfig for the terminal images.....not bad at all. :)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
80GB using Raid

27GB on the second machine

a 20gig & a 6 GB laying about doing nothing.

Dave

i've only got 100GB on the main machine.
got about 75GB free.

the secondary one has 40GB.

Professur

Biggest is 60G on a PII@400
Smallest (hold on tight) is 40M on a 286@16

Got a pile of drives with just about every conceivable OS stacked up for running tests. I just don't have enough power to run half of it.

Mirlyn

Professur said:
Biggest is 60G on a PII@400
Smallest (hold on tight) is 40M on a 286@16

Got a pile of drives with just about every conceivable OS stacked up for running tests. I just don't have enough power to run half of it.

Damn, and I thought the 100M I found at work was old...

Professur

I've a 486@25 with a 120M not 2 feet from me. Just got it last week, and i'm still thinking about what to do with it.

Mirlyn

Don't make up excuses, make up solutions. :p Thats part of the fun ya know.

Ghetto aquarium....use silicon sealant to putty-up those holes..

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
main 4 drives in raid5 = 240 gig
secondary 160 gig
rest between 60 and 80 gig. :beardbng: :beardbng: :beardbng:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Main: 120 + 60 + soon another 120 = 300
Secondary: Up in the air at this point... the drive it's got (6.8) is failing...