http://k2pr.net/2jb/manapua.html

Attachment(s):

manapua.gif, 49.68kb

50_1031790477.gif

halamikage

Luis G said:
what's inside the bread?
something like shrimps? :confuse3:

Everyone here in Hawaii always like to joke around and say that its cat meat in the manapua. :) I don't even know how that started but...umm....yeah.

Stop Laughing

I need to go on a vacation to somewhere other than Bloomington, IL, for a change then, I know almost nothing about the outside world. :eek:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
*makes mental note to lock her doggie up if Ku'u and/or Na ever come to visit.

halamikage

Serious about eating dog? Yup, Hawaiians used to eat dog.
But this Hawaiian however wouldn't even think about eating my two doggies *looks out the window to her two canine wonders* But hey, if my family can trick me into eating my own bunnies...? *looks out the window again to check if the doggies are still there*

The Filipinos here eat dog...all the time. :sick3:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Dog makes a fine meal...but you have to get them while they're still young and tender... ;)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Aztecs used to eat dog, the name of it is Xoloescuincle (or something like that).

Btw, i would say that 95% of the mexicans that have eaten some sort of meat in the streets have eaten dog meat believing it is cow meat. LOL :D

kuulani

I've eaten our rabbit, thinking it was chicken. :(

Time for a history lesson: Dog meat was a delicacy in old Hawaii, reserved usually for royalty and preferred over pork. The only other meat in old Hawaii besides dog and pork was fish, the main source of protein.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
When you live on an island, you eat what you have.

In Korea, dog is a delicacy and can cost over $30 USD per pound...:eek: