CUBS WIN THE DIVISION!

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
They were making a huge deal this morning about the guy trying to catch the foul ball. Said it turned the whole tide of the game. I'm thinking, it would have been one out. You lost by 5 points. Fucking morons.

chcr

Too cute for words
I thought the big screw up in the eighth was Tony Gonzales booting the double play ball. There's no guarantee Alou catches that ball in the stands anyway.

Inkara1

I wanted to see Cubs vs. Sox too, but Florida's up 9-6 right now going into the bottom of the ninth. If Florida wins, then I honestly don't care who wins the Yankees-Red Sox game tomorrow.

Inkara1

Well, that does it. Marlins 9, Cubs 6.

Don't blame the Cubs fan for catching that ball in game 6. A championship team would be able to win anyway.

bobo

Cursed. I at least mostly blame that fan (Steve Bartman - the Sun Times gave his name and where he worked in yesterday's paper. He's since had to go into hiding). That play sucked the life out of the team and the city like nothing I've ever seen, everything after that was just waiting for the inevitable to happen. They are young and very talented, hopefully they will make some good offseason moves and be right back there next year, but I'm not holding my breath.

As much as I hate to say it, Red Sox fans will likely get theirs when the curse of the Bambino strikes them tonight.

Inkara1

Like I said, any team that really deserved to be in the World Series would have won that game. They were up 3-0 at the time if I remember right. Not to mention that the Cubs lost the game before that, too, because they didn't score a single run.

Dave

bobo said:
As much as I hate to say it, Red Sox fans will likely get theirs when the curse of the Bambino strikes them tonight.

wasn't bambino's fault tonight...strictly the managers fault...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Wow! The possibilities really covered both ends of the spectrum.

"Everybody" wanted a Red Sox/Cubs series & we end up with a Marlins/Yankees yawner. There goes the nielsons.

Inkara1

It's a good thing for FOX that the divisional series and especially the championship series drew high ratings. Hopefully it'll make up for the lack of world series viewers.