DAMN I HATE laptops, and OEMs!

catocom

Is there a such thing as a 32bit core2? Could those bastards have simply shut off any 64bit capability?
you can 'load' a 32bit OS on it.
shutting down the capability is possible, but unlikely.
Did you set the bios to 'defaults'?

is there any way for me to make a 64bit DVD of Windows only install the 32bit version, on a 64bit machine?
don't know on that for sure...never seen it happen. I doubt it.

it says that it cannot load the 64 bit version of Vista because the machine isn't compatible!
may not be because of the cpu...maybe other hardware that's proprietary.
Can you get a gateway disk?

catocom

just was checking on vista, and it seems the oem isn't compatible,
but the retail ver will install on a 32bit or 64bit, and in either mode.

Winky

So basically what you are making clear here in this
and other threads on this subject is:
you don’t have the slightest clue about working on computers
Now tell about the health of yer pussy?

ResearchMonkey

engineerwanted.jpg

Winky

and or an application that is only 64 bit.
Other than that there is little to no reason to run
a 64 Operating System.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If you have a 64-bit processor & a 64-bit OS, run as 64-bit. I do. It helps with little but it sure has a pretty mouth.

The BIOS doesn't allow you to boot from cd-rom? You do have enough RAM, correct?

ResearchMonkey

If you have a 64-bit processor & a 64-bit OS, run as 64-bit. I do. It helps with little but it sure has a pretty mouth.

The BIOS doesn't allow you to boot from cd-rom? You do have enough RAM, correct?
I suspect you're addressing hardware RAM as opposed to wetware.

IF you have a 64procx64mobo combo, I venture to guess it has bootable capability although I don't work with ghetto hardware. I do know that some older/cheaper CD-ROM's can be problematic when you use them as a winders boot drive. I would try and see if any bootable flavor of *nix gets anywhere.

x64 pays off handsomely in several applications in which it can save me literally hours in FLOP processing some days.

I am looking forward to Win7 and 6 cores of HT.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I asked about RAM because Vista is a bear..can it even be installed with less than 2gigs?