Daniel Peter Gardner

Jon

Hi again,

I was at home yesterday. Emotions were high on Tuesday and the atmosphere up here was so sharp you could have cut it with a knife, so I needed some space to chill out and regroup before the funeral.

We're all going down today, and the funeral's on Friday. I've never been to one before, so it's going to be somewhat difficult for myself, as it will be for all of us, of course.

May God give us all the strength to get through this.

Jon

AlladinSane

I've been to several funeral, mainly of relatives, but never of a friend. God give you all strenght you need...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
It looks fabulous fury sweetie :kiss:

It is taking ALONG time to sink in for me for some reason. Every so often I will realize I will never talk to him again and I start to cry...

Aunty Em

Nixy said:
It is taking ALONG time to sink in for me for some reason. Every so often I will realize I will never talk to him again and I start to cry...

I get that with my sister... this morniing I was thinking of telling her about something I'd been doing and I even pictured her in my mind when I suddenly realised I can't... I just seem to keep forgetting...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Auntie: After my dad passed away just over 2 years ago there were SO manytimes I almost said to my mom "Call Dad and ask him."

He was in the hospital for most of the year before his death so it was common during that year if we didn't know something we called Daddy and asked him...I am glad I always caught myself though because it probably would have made her cry at that point. She took it very hard at first...

Yoshi

wit im a month too late noo:(
wait I dont think I kne him but it still hurts loosing a good member

freako104

jon im so sorry i know what it is to lose a friend and it never gets any easier its always difficut. my condolences to his family and friends. he was such an awesome guy and a wonderful member to have on this board. heres to you dan. :trippin: :cheers: we miss ya.

Jon

Hi,

Well, it's been a week since the funeral. It was the most difficult thing I've ever had to experience - exams, relationships, family problems, everything wasn't near as difficult as seeing Dan's dad making such an emotive, powerful, and above all poignant speech that I couldn't help but break down to.

Things are slowly starting to get back to normal round here - me and John went to see Daniel Kitson on the Saturday night we got back - absolutely fucking hilarious, and it lightened my mood by a long way :) that and breaking down on the M6 on the way back up certainly took the tarnish back off the week!

I'm gonna just get on with my life now. There's nothing I can do; nothing anyone can do, but remember what a fucking ace bloke Daniel was. Nothing can change that :)

Jon

Aunty Em

Thanks for updating us, I was wondering how things went. :)

Getting on with life is the best thing you can do. I find that the grief gets you at odd moments, but you just can't sustain that level of emotion for long without burning out.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh, I miss him so much. I cried th eother day when I came across a photo on my HD that he had altered for me (without me even asking, he just did it caus ehe knew i was unimpressed with a mark on my face and my red cheeks)...

Oh, I talked to Dan's dad the other day. He is a fabulous guy, a lot like Dan it seems...

Jon

yeah his dad sent me an e-mail saying that they've had to take it offline temporarily because the page had exceeded its bandwidth quota (surprise, surprise). When his dad gets the passwords etc., he'll put it back up :)

Jon

agw_01

I saw this thread a while back but didn't reply because I didn't know Dan, and thought it might look like I was sticking my nose into other peoples business... but I decided that even though it is a bit late, I would post a reply.

Hope everything is going ok with Dan's family, and I hope the loss has started to get easier. Best wishes to you Jon, and all of Dan's family and friends.

Raven

Annoying SOB
I didnt know Dan either but reading through this literally brought a tear to my eye. Heres one for you Dan :beerbang: