• yes! i love disco

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • disco is dead. leave it at that.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • i dont mind the genre, but its not one of my fav's

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

tofu

i personally prefer 70-80's disco hits over most music made today...

just curious who feels the same way

edit: by the way, im 19

Scanty

AHHHHHHHHHH! FREAK OUT!

*makes wacky-wacky guitar noises*

Disco's the same as any other type of music, imho. Some is great, some is crap. :shrug: :)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Mama always said, "never trust a genre that would give birth to *gasp* The Village People.....

Ardsgaine

I liked it in the late 70s, but hated it by the eighties after it got old and done to death. Nowadays I can tolerate it as a bit of nostalgia. I much prefer the new wave/fashion punk genre, though: Adam Ant, Blondie, Bow Wow Wow, The Police, etc...

catocom

I don't particularly prefer it over todays music...
It just depends on which 2 songs are being compared.;)

Disco, like classic rock, or some others (old metal) has
songs that will never die, IMO.
Also I think some of the new songs will be around for a long
long time. Which ones???, we'll see.:D

dan

disco isn't dead. matured since the 70's for sure... but i love to get fruity while a decent DJ spins some funky vocal disco house...

classic 70's nights are always a good laugh... although you do always know exactly what you're gonna get, and that does get a tad dull after a while... still, when you know you wanna go boogie oogie oogie with the greatest dancer (that's every woman) at a good ol' disco inferno then you gotta go get up and boogie :)

Q

I like disco.

....course I'm old enough to have slung drinks in one, but I have always liked music that was upbeat.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
missed the sarcasm there, jerrek ;)

but it had some good ones, and some bad ones. same thing goes for a lot of genres. i tend to look at individual groups, not at genres...

Ardsgaine

Gonz said:
Thank God we had punk to save us from disco

In a sense, I guess... but what replaced disco on the radio wasn't punk, it was REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Loverboy, etc... I'm not sure what you call that style of music. Pseudo-rock? Top forty dog shit? There were AOR stations that played classic rock: Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Who, the Beatles, etc; and some good non-defunct groups like the Police and the Pretenders got air play too. Still, disco was followed up by some equally lousy shit on the radio stations around here. Those who lived in more hip metropolitan areas might've had a different experience.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
The problem with the late 70s and 80s was that we were swamped with new genres. Punk, garage-punk, new wave, techno, blah, blah .....There were some gems, as always. But there was just sooo much going on in music it became confusing... Today, they are all remaking classic rock stuff and the kids think most of it is original....It blasphemous! :D

Professur

Disco was a failed attempt to break out of the 60's. To this day, I shudder at the sound of corduroy.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Ards said:
replaced disco on the radio wasn't punk, it was REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Loverboy, etc... Top forty dog shit

Yep. I wasn't into radio music. It was, and still is, benign crap from a poll. The local music store & I had a working relationship. They worked, I bought. Punk saved us from disco but metal returned teh edge to rock n roll, until LA Guns & Quiet Riot made it hip.