DON'T GO TO Altrons webpage

Jeslek

Banned
err then why click yes to install something...? There is a reason why IE pops up a Security warning window (I am now assuming it did?)

flavio

Banned
Jerrek said:
I have a question. How could it just install something and change your home page? Don't you have to click YES and I AGREE or something?

Nope, there's ways around it. I've had my homepage changed without notice.

I've even seen the default search page changed on someone else's computer.

Jeslek

Banned
Well in that case, I would suggest you download and use the Proxomitron: http://www.proxomitron.org/

It acts like a proxy server and will filter out all offensive Javascript, remove annoying Javascript, remove all banners, ads, popups, and other annoying stuff, remove cache control crap, and so on. 99% of websites work fine with it, and in the case of one that doesn't, you can easily right click and bypass for that website.

Coffee Bean

Ooch...man you folks are rough. I take it I need to thicken my skin in order to survive. You folks don't really all hate each other do ya?:erm:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Nah, on Sundays we all sit down to dinner together, they just won't let us use silverware anymore since the "Incedent."

PostCode

Major contributor!
Open the registry (from the Start menu, click Run and enter regedit) and find the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr
entVersion\Run. Delete the 'XupiterStartup' entry in the Right Hand pane.

Also delete the following Registry Keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xupiter
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{A27CFCAE-9351-4D74-BFFC-21EB19693D8C}

Reboot, and delete the entire Program Files\Xupiter directory.

You're also likely to have a Xupiter ActiveX object in your Downloaded Program Files folder. Find that one, rightclick it, and choose properties. It has the following ID: {A27CFCAE-9351-4D74-BFFC-21EB19693D8C}

Now rightclick the file, and choose delete.

Next, delete the Xupiter folder in Program Files.

Finally, go to Internet Options/Programs, and hit "Reset Web Settings".

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Q said:
ACCIDENT...it was an accident

A butter knife that grazed the skin is an accident, a butter knife that is embedded to the point that pliers are needed to remove it is an incedent. It is true though that they were never able to prove anything.

flavio

Banned
I know all about Proximitron, but that has little to do with whether links to pages that alter your settings should be posted.

Q

PuterTutor said:
Q said:
ACCIDENT...it was an accident

A butter knife that grazed the skin is an accident, a butter knife that is embedded to the point that pliers are needed to remove it is an incedent. It is true though that they were never able to prove anything.
We had pliers handy....:shrug:

Q

flavio said:
I know all about Proximitron, but that has little to do with whether links to pages that alter your settings should be posted.
It's not like I would listen to him anyway.:moon2: