"don't you ever die"

HeXp£Øi±

Remember when funboy said this to Brandon Lee in the Crow?
Well it turns out this was the exact moment/scene when Michael Massee (Funboy) raised a 44 magnum that was supposed to be filled with blanks and killed Brandon Lee. Lee suposedly writhed on the ground for a few minutes while the rest of the crew kept filming with the idea that he was improvising.

I just learned all this this week. I don't know, maybe i'm the only one who didn't know the details...

HeXp£Øi±

Re:

Luis G said:
Did they leave the scene in the movie? :eek:

Yes. The story is that on the previous day the gun had been used on a shooting range and that when it was brought into the scene it was empty yet whoever emptied it forgot to check the barrel. Conspiracy theories of the mafia abound as well. The scene was kept as is. Much of the later scenes were actually shot earlier but supposedly 25% of the film was computer reanimation of Lee.

greenfreak

The first time I saw it, I didn't know those details and I was better off. The second time I saw it, I analyzed the whole thing to try and figure out which scenes had him in it and which didn't. They shot out of order so there are scenes throughout the whole movie that he's not really in.

freako104

they shoot every movie pretty much that way gf. I wasnt aware it was that scene tho i dont remember that line being said. I think the line he uses is: its time for you to leave with your bird. or something like that.

CydCharisse

I know the scene where he first puts on his makeup and looks out the window, when the lighting strikes and shows his face...that's a computer reanimation

greenfreak

Re:

freako104 said:
they shoot every movie pretty much that way gf. I wasnt aware it was that scene tho i dont remember that line being said. I think the line he uses is: its time for you to leave with your bird. or something like that.

Imdb says:

Funboy: Jesus Christ!
Eric Draven: Jesus Christ? Stop me if you heard this one: Jesus Christ walks into a hotel. (Fun Boy shoots him) Ow! He hands the innkeeper three nails, and he asks... (Fun Boy shoots him again)
Funboy: Don't you ever fuckin' die?
Eric Draven: Can you put me up for the night?

:laugh:

There are a lot of good one-liners in that movie. Hex, some more creepy coincidences between you and me, that you picked that line out of all of them. I'm reading a book called "Forever". It's about a guy born in the 1700's who is doomed to live forever on the island of Manhattan. If he leaves, he dies and doesn't go to the "Otherworld" (described like Heaven). If he commits suicide, same thing. It chronicles his live through the centuries. Pretty interesting so far.

BlurOfSerenity

Re:

i did not know that. that's really really freaky.

my favorite line in the movie is,

"LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO MY SHEETS!!!"

and i forget the names of, like, almost all the characters in the movie... but it was said by the guy who got shot in the leg while on his bed.

and he'd just gotten shot, and he was bleeding profusely, and all he can think about is his sheets :D

freako104

i prefer the crow comic. he killes Gideon in that. and he screws wiht Fun boy more. its really cool. its done by James O' Barr