Dontcha just luv the religion of peace?

jimpeel

Ah, yes, the old crime of not being Muslim. What will they think of next.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,344409,00.html

Report: Non-Muslims Deserve to Be Punished
Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A report posted on Islam Watch, a site run by Muslims who oppose intolerant teachings and hatred for unbelievers, exposes a prominent Islamic cleric and lawyer who support extreme punishment for non-Muslims — including killing and rape.

A question-and-answer session with Imam Abdul Makin in an East London mosque asks why Allah would tell Muslims to kill and rape innocent non-Muslims, including their wives and daughters, according to Islam Watch.

"Because non-Muslims are never innocent, they are guilty of denying Allah and his prophet," the Imam says, according to the report. "If you don't believe me, here is the legal authority, the top Muslim lawyer of Britain."

The lawyer, Anjem Choudary, backs up the Imam's position, saying that all Muslims are innocent.

Click here to watch the interview with Islamic lawyer Anjem Choudary.

"You are innocent if you are a Muslim," Choudary tells the BBC. "Then you are innocent in the eyes of God. If you are not a Muslim, then you are guilty of not believing in God."

Choudary said he would not condemn a Muslim for any action.

"As a Muslim, I must support my Muslim brothers and sisters," Choudary said. "I must have hatred to everything that is not Muslim."

Click here to read the report from Islam Watch.

jimpeel

including killing and rape

I don't know about that choice, though. Reminds me of the old joke about the three guys who are captured by hostile natives.

They are tied to posts and the chieftain walks up to the first guy and says "Death, or bunga!?"

Death being pretty clear but not knowing what is meant by "bunga" the guy chooses bunga.

They untie him and strap him over a log; and a hundred natives line up and start cornholing him one after the other.

The chieftain walks up to the second guy and asks "Death, or bunga!?"

Not wanting to die, he also chooses bunga.

The natives untie him and strap him over the log; and another hundred natives line up and start cornholing him.

The chieftain walks up to the third guy and says "Death, or bunga!?"

Seeing what is happening to the other two guys, he looks the chieftain square in the eye and says "Hey, fuck you, I'll take death!"

The chieftain shouts "Death ... by bunga!"

spike

a site run by Muslims who oppose intolerant teachings

Seems like some peaceful Muslims to me.

I used to be taught that all non-Catholics were going to hell.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Were you actually taught that? They told you, point blank, if they ain't Catholic, they're hell bound?

a site run by Muslims who oppose intolerant teachings and hatred for unbelievers
In a fight betewwen Cat Stevens & Muqtada al-Sadr, who would win?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I miss the point, muslims speaking out agaisnt intolerance of one of their own, isn't that what everyone has been saying they should do. Or is the article quoted to continue the racist thought that all muslims are bad?

2minkey

bootlicker
Were you actually taught that? They told you, point blank, if they ain't Catholic, they're hell bound?

dude, where you been? there's LOTS of christian sects that tell thar kiddies shit like that. probably not so much now with catholics as it was years ago, but there's plenty of protestant sects picking up the slack on that one with the hellfire and whatnot.

catocom

in my religious belief, and the way I was taught....
if you don't accept Christ, you don't enter heaven.
I heard both way, that if not, you go to hell, or purgatory (some think is hell).

I don't know. I just believe you won't get into heaven.

That doesn't mean I should hate, or kill all that don't believe, that's for god
to decide.
Now, that doesn't mean Justice for worldly atrocities shouldn't take place.
I kinda see it like our separation of church and state.....There are places
where worldly, and heavenly things should not mingle.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
if you don't accept Christ, you don't enter heaven.

I guess that is my big problem with Christianity and Islam

you don't follow the party line you are screwed in the afterlife.

In Judism you gotta follow like 500 plus rules to make it to heaven, if you are jewish.

If you are not jewish, you gotta follow seven rules, and you get into heaven.

spike

It's amazing how well fear mongering works on people.

If you're not a catholic, accept christ, follow 500 rules, etc YOU'RE GOING TO HELL FOREVER.

Shit many even believe that a 1 day old baby born to another religion that never converted is damned.

A lot of times it results in paying a little lip service just to be on the safe side like their making reservations or something.

spike

"He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed." Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Now there's a religion of peace. :D

catocom

I like to think there will be one last chance after death.

1: an intermediate state after death for expiatory purification; specifically : a place or state of punishment wherein according to Roman Catholic doctrine the souls of those who die in God's grace may make satisfaction for past sins and so become fit for heaven

http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=purgatory

Also...no rules, accept Jesus, and you're in.
A believer would want to do what they are supposed to,
to be happy in this life, and receive extra rewards in Heaven.

The thing is, if somehow I lead someone to be 'saved', there will be more reward,
if not, then it doesn't count...that's all.

I prefer to believe God wants us all to be happy.
That life is a gift to be enjoined.
Then there is the afterlife, which in my belief, just only a few things in that
area are important in This life, to consider.
It's also not for any man to judge certain things, and to judge others,
depending on 'the laws of the land' that don't directly conflict with the
laws of God.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
You kill rape and pillage, but accept christ, and say sorry and you're in

Live a good life, help people, but do not follow that religion, you are out.

a flying spagetti monster would make more sense (and does, all thank his noodley appendage)

catocom

You kill rape and pillage, but accept Christ, and say sorry and you're in

I didn't say that.

I don't know if you would enter or not, you do have to accept to enter, but
the only other provision, that is part of acceptance of Christ is repentance,
and only god can judge if it is true.

Live a good life, help people, but do not follow that religion, you are out.

Those will go to purgatory, and have that last chance I was referring to.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Haven't seen purgatory mentioned in my Bible. Heaven, yes. Hell, yes. But not purgatory.

Whine about the plan all you like...I didn't write it. And the author doesn't really feel the need to edit it for 21st century moral standards. This ain't Burger King. You don't get to have it your way. It's a one size fits all kinda notion. Something is offered. The Entity doing the offering gets to set the conditions I suppose is one way to look at it. You don't like the offer? Don't take it. You'll not be the first to do so. And as I said earlier before I was paraphrased into blasphemy...we'll all find out someday. Some of us gonna be wrong. Might be me. I obviously don't think it will be though.

Carry on now kiddies. Let BandAid Boi hatchet this post up same as he does everything else I type (with impugnity I might add). Matters not to me. Changes nothing. Harmless as a fart in a tornado. This one can add their perspective, and that one can giggle at it, and another one can try to play peacemaker, and the first one will change horses in midstream, and at the end of the day we solved about as much as Hillary with an inauguration speech writer. Nothing. Y'all 'scuse me now, I'm gonna go watch paint peel.

catocom

I've heard some local preachers who have suggested it, but the way I see it,
it's not my decision, and I need not concern myself with it to those extents.

The things about the after life...like I said...are not significant to how we should
live this life, if it isn't in there, so speculation is all good in those areas I guess.

If there Is something in there about it, we should take heed of it.

spike

Also...no rules, accept Jesus, and you're in.
A believer would want to do what they are supposed to,
to be happy in this life, and receive extra rewards in Heaven.

The thing is, if somehow I lead someone to be 'saved', there will be more reward,

It's a smart system they came up with. Do what we say or burn in hell forever. Indoctrinate other people and you get special bonuses.

Never mind the contradictions, violence, cruelty, ridiculousness, and plain out absurdity that is in our book because we'll be cherry picking the parts we like for the most part. If you have any questions remember not to question things because FAITH in the ridiculous will be rewarded.

Your society will be bogged down following these rules we made up for primitive people forever.

11:4 And Moses said, Thus saith the LORD, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt:

11:5 And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first born of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.

11:6 And there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as there was none like it, nor shall be like it any more.

Woah, you're going to go kill a ton of innocent children and animals? Awesome, where do I join up?