Drinking during the day

tonksy

So I am curious if anyone will admit to an alcoholic beverage in the middle of the day. It seems like it has become a bit of a taboo to have a drink before 5.
Do you do it? Weekends only?

I am asking this as I finish my little prop-me-up after a rough morning of mass mathematics followed by a grueling session of fixing other people's mathematical and clerical errors.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
If I have one drink a month nowadays it would suprise me.

I was never big on drinking at home to begin with, usually I would only have one while out, and I never ever drink during work hours, even if it is wine at lunch if I am going back to the office.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
If the bosses say it's fine i do. Or if im not working that day. :)

my motto start early and end late.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I wouldn't at work hours and since I get out at 5pm, I guess I play nice with the taboo without wanting it. :shrug:

On any non-working day, I'd take beer for breakfast. ;)

tonksy

Since we are on this topic...do we have a drink of choice thread? I feel we certainly must have had one. I shall search.

spike

I'll have a pint occasionally at lunch with my co-workers. On the weekends I don't usually start drinking until 9-10pm

Professur

The company policy is that no alcohol can be consumed 4 hours prior to coming on shift. That means no more beer with lunch. During the weekend, it depends greatly, but in general, if I'm working, I'm not drinking. Unless I've got the BBQ fired up. Then it doesn't matter. If the BBQ's lit, I've got a beer. No beer? No bbq.

Also of note ... If I'm planing on taking the kids anywhere near the water, I won't drink that day at all (with the flammin' exception mentioned above).

MrBishop

Wine with lunch if at a restaurant.
Having read this again, I'd like to add a codicil to it. I don't drink during lunch during the work week, nor if I'm expecting to drive anytime soon thereafter (working of not).

I Certainly don't drink when I have the kids in my charge.

A.B.Normal

So I am curious if anyone will admit to an alcoholic beverage in the middle of the day. It seems like it has become a bit of a taboo to have a drink before 5.
Do you do it? Weekends only?

I am asking this as I finish my little prop-me-up after a rough morning of mass mathematics followed by a grueling session of fixing other people's mathematical and clerical errors.

I used to work a night shift where I got off work at 7a.m. was usually quite pissed by the time the liquor stores opened ,so we could resupply. On nights I didn't work ,I'd go out drinking with friends ,which was technically my morning.
I don't drink often now ,only the very rarest of occasions and then its sociable not passing out.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Sure, I'll have a drink or two with lunch if I'm not going to be driving for awhile. Our company is quite ok with drinking during lunch as long as it's only one or two (even if they're paying). We usually have "beer fridays" at the office too where we all take turns buying drinks and we socialize a little on Friday afternoons and have a beverage. This isn't as big here in Calgary because right now we all drive to work. In Toronto were most of us took transit though it was a big thing...when we change offices here and most of us start taking transit I'm sure it'll ramp up here too. That said, even though our Friday evening beverages are consumed at the office we finish working before we get tipsy.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
On non-work days I've been known to start drinking stupidly early at times...when I am going to a football game or something with friends.