Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Gawd I hate them. My garden is running with them this year. :grumpy:

Attachment(s):

earwig.jpg, 17.96kb

earwig.jpg

equinoxe3d

We got a small invasion of them nearly each summer here, damn those things are annoying :mad2:

On spring it's the damn beetles, there's around 40x more than earwigs, they fly everywhere, land on you constantly, they (sometimes) bites and they shit all over our house's white wall :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
earwigs, ladybugs, junebugs, ants :grumpy:

did the ladybugs divebomb the computer? :laugh:

Ardsgaine

Originally posted by L. Summerton
Gawd I hate them. My garden is running with them this year.

Wasn't there a Night Gallery episode about those things...? ugh! ::shudder::

Janimal

Oh yeah - there was one about earwigs all right. This guy was trying to kill this other guy by putting an earwig in his ear. It was supposed to eat its way through his brain. But he messed up and ended up with the thing in his own ear.

He lived through it - the earwig came out through the other ear. But the episode closes with the Dr. telling him that the earwig was female and had laid eggs.

OOOweee goooweee!!!! :eek8:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Originally posted by Janimal
Oh yeah - there was one about earwigs all right. This guy was trying to kill this other guy by putting an earwig in his ear. It was supposed to eat its way through his brain. But he messed up and ended up with the thing in his own ear.

He lived through it - the earwig came out through the other ear. But the episode closes with the Dr. telling him that the earwig was female and had laid eggs.

OOOweee goooweee!!!! :eek8:

you're joking right?
urban legend?

greenfreak

Rusty and I were eating dinner at an outside restaurant and a Japanese beetle landed on our table. So Rusty put the pepper shaker on top of it (the bottom of it was hollow). Then another dropped onto our table and we put the salt on top of that one. We left without setting them free, (oops!) I could imagine what the next people at the table thought once they picked one of the shakers up. :laugh:

nalani

over here we call the "pincher bugs", or by their scientific name
"pincherous bugous" :D

[b]

In Florida we get love bugs. (No, not the Herby kind.)

At least once, maybe twice a year these bugs swarm the area where I live. It's awful. Every car is covered in love bug guts. You can't go anywhere without them crawling all over the place.

It's rumored they were genetically engineered at the University of Florida (the inventors of Gatorade) and let loose in some sort of accident. But I think that's just a local urban legend 'cuz they're Florida State's biggest football rival.

It's almost as powerful as the number 42!

I rereading that. I'm at the part where Ford and Aurthur have discovered Slartibartfarst's image in the ice. Great book.

Janimal

[b said:
]In Florida we get love bugs. (No, not the Herby kind.)

At least once, maybe twice a year these bugs swarm the area where I live. It's awful. Every car is covered in love bug guts. You can't go anywhere without them crawling all over the place.

Sorry to correct you , but this is Florida and let me tell you, we get them all. Love bugs, lady bugs, earwigs, MOSQUITOES, "Palmetto bugs" (aka giant roaches with wings), millipedes (gods, we used to get tons and tons of them in the yard when I was a kid), centipedes, crickets, grasshoppers, ants ants and more ants, cicadias (so loud sometimes in the summertime in the country that you have yell to be heard over them), spiders, ad nasuem.
:eek: