Enjoy the Recession!

JTP

Cthulhu Dogs! -perfect name!
This thread is open for Recession Recipes!
My Grandma had some great recipes for "Hoover Hogs" (rabbit).

JTP

i'll just stick with my veggies, thanks.

Those make good red snapper bait though.

MMMMmmm- Red Snapper! King Mackerel, Speckled Sea Trout, fresh shrimp right off the boat, etc.-
Damn, I miss the FL panhandle sometimes! :cool2:

jimpeel

As soon as Obama drives us into a depression we will all be grazing on the dandelions growing in our front yards.

The entire dandelion is edible and the dried roots make a wonderful tea which tastes like coffee.

As soon as Obama drives us into a depression we will all be grazing on the dandelions growing in our front yards.

The entire dandelion is edible and the dried roots make a wonderful tea which tastes like coffee.

Oh doom and gloom! :grim:

We're all gonna DIE!!!

Obama is evil incarnate!

:flame:

Jebus loves you but he HATES Obama! :biker:

Oh GOD NOOOOOOO!!!!!! Why Ameica Gawd?!? Why have you forsaken us?!?

:evilsmok:

jimpeel

Remember THIS ONE? I was totally right on that one; and the press finally was able to talk us into a recession. In the meantime, all the libs on this board pooh poohed my assertions and claimed we were already in a recession which, by the way, was not declared official until eight months later.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Man did I pick the wrong business

Recovery.gov is a government website, that allows Americans to see where the federal stimulus money is being spent.

The White House now plans to spend $18 million redesigning the money-tracking site.

What recession?
source

spike

Oh no, Bush headed us here. Everyone told you. And you tried to deny it with your silly Wal-mart anecdotes.

Now we all know how wrong you were.

Altron

The issue I have with the bailouts is that it seems very susceptible to corruption. Who's position is it to decide which jobs are worth spending tax dollars to save, and which ones aren't? So far it looks like the industries with the biggest lobbyist groups are also the ones getting the bailouts. Job losses aren't just happening in the auto and financial industries, they're happening across the board, but where is their bailout money? I know a few neighbors who have gotten laid off - I guess their financial well-being isn't as important as a unionized autoworker.

MrBishop

Remember THIS ONE? I was totally right on that one; and the press finally was able to talk us into a recession. In the meantime, all the libs on this board pooh poohed my assertions and claimed we were already in a recession which, by the way, was not declared official until eight months later.

The economy was already going into the toilet BEFORE the banks kicked it down the stairs and GM/Chrystler were losing money by the truck load before they noticed that it was the load of trucks they couldn't sell and profit from that was the issue.

Your predictions were that everything was just dandy and growing fine thank you very much. You were a lot of things, but "totally right" wasn't one of them.

JTP

You are absolutely right! Dandelions and Milk Thistle are NOT weeds to be eradicated, they are very good for your health. :toast:

What did I say about it being most important that you are right, no matter what the subject?

:tomato:

Maybe we all need to do a little "Jim was right" dance?!?

electricslide.jpg

spike

He's wrong most of the time. Poor guy was convinced everyone was wrong and we weren't headed into a recession. :(

jimpeel

The issue I have with the bailouts is that it seems very susceptible to corruption. Who's position is it to decide which jobs are worth spending tax dollars to save, and which ones aren't? So far it looks like the industries with the biggest lobbyist groups are also the ones getting the bailouts. Job losses aren't just happening in the auto and financial industries, they're happening across the board, but where is their bailout money? I know a few neighbors who have gotten laid off - I guess their financial well-being isn't as important as a unionized autoworker.

Even Joe Biden said we would have corruption and fraud with the stimulus money.