Ex talk...appropriate?

IDLEchild

Is it normal for, someone you're currently dating, to talk about their Exes, past relationships, and people they've dated, A LOT?

Like, point out people they've picked up, been hit on by and hit on as you and this person walk around their neighborhood?

or bring up past relationships and recall past dates in conversations when something relates?

is it?

MrBishop

It's part of her past, and what makes her who she is, but you should let her know that you don't need to know this information, and that it makes you uncomfortable. If she persists, sever the relationship.

Mare

It's part of her past, and what makes her who she is, but you should let her know that you don't need to know this information, and that it makes you uncomfortable. If she persists, sever the relationship.

Oh Crap .............. have to spread more reputation around, LOL :kiss:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
It is unrealistic to expect someone to never mention anyone from their past, or to have events trigger memories or experiences (good or bad) from prior relationships. IMO "too much" is where you set it. If it becomes bothersome to you at a certain level, it is on you to point it out and attempt to work together on it, same as any other sticking point or "baggage" you might be bringing. Don't expect an immediate 100% compliance...it's like anything else in a relationship, it's fluid and you both have to set the mutual boundaries. If you voice your opinions and this continues, then it may be time to consider moving on.

Inkara1

[aol]me too[/aol]

Although, pointing out everyone they've hit ona nd been hit on by might be a bit too much... but yeah, the real test comes after you mention that this bugs you. If she makes no effort to change, that could be indicitave of other problems to come later, as well.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Although, pointing out everyone they've hit ona nd been hit on by might be a bit too much... but yeah, the real test comes after you mention that this bugs you. If she makes no effort to change, that could be indicitave of other problems to come later, as well.

PAy attention to him. He has lots of experience with psychos :D

chcr

Too cute for words
Bad luck, Inky...maybe the karma wheel rolled your way this time, instead of rolling over ya.

Exactly. One wonders what you may have done in a previous life to get the kind of relationships you seem to have had so far. Don't stop trying though. There's someone for everyone, even me. ;)

Re IC's original question, you answered it quite well IMHO.

BlurOfSerenity

hmmmm, reminds me of my ex, who showed me artistic photos he took of each of his exes tangled in the bedclothes, while telling me about the sexual prowess of each one.... what a fucking creep.

i agree with gonz.... RUN!