Favorite sammich.

chcr

Too cute for words
I just had a sammich for dinner. Hebrew National (don't tell Spike) kielbasa and kraut on toasted, extra sour Noo Yawk rye with Grey Poupon horseradish deli mustard (if you haven't tried it allow me to recommend). And beer. Nummmmies.

What's your favorite sammich (sandwich if you prefer but if it's got polish sausage in it it's a sammich in my book). ;)

I'm drinking a beer for dessert too although I gots me some Ben and Jerry's Karmel Sutra for later while I'm watching the Vinsanity. :D

Inkara1

Pretty much anything from Stein's Deli in Atascadero... I miss Stein's Deli... WHY?!?!? WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CLOSE THE DELI TO GO INTO CATERING?!?!? WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

tonksy

I'm partial to a fried salami and egg with american cheese on sourdough with mayo....but I also like a nice cheeseburger poboy with bacon and avocado.

chcr

Too cute for words
tonksy said:
D'oh! I forgot a nice muffaletta! I haven't had a muffaletta in eons.
Got a Jason's Deli near you? They have a quarter muffaletta and a soup or garden salad special for around five bucks. I like a good muffaletta too.

My grandma's favorite sandwich was a fried egg and olive on white toast with butter and mayonnaise.

tonksy

No Jason's deli :(
I could make my own but I'd have to substitute the bread...maybe sourdough.
We do have a great NY deli where I can get a rueben the size of my head :licklips:

chcr

Too cute for words
tonksy said:
We do have a great NY deli where I can get a rueben the size of my head :licklips:
Ooh, I'm jealous now.

Kruz

And in fact, it is this roll that makes the sandwich unique. Made only in the Buffalo-Rochester area, the kummelweck—often alternatively spelled kimmelweck—is basically a Kaiser roll topped with lots of pretzel salt and caraway seeds. Inside, very thinly sliced roast beef is piled high, and the whole thing is served with a dish of "au jus" (I suppose it is too much to expect a German sandwich to make sense of French prepositions), for dipping. Alternatively, the cook sometimes dips the top of the roll into the jus just before serving it. In either case, the beef on weck sandwich must be accompanied by a pot of freshly grated, sinus-clearing horseradish.

Kruz

tonksy said:

Where??

tonksy

Kruz said:
You know where they got the Kmart and the Michaels? Roswell and Johnson's Ferry? It's in that shopping center closer to the Michael's. I forget what it's called but the same folks own the pizza joint next to it. If you go, see if they have the Italian wedding soup. It's yummy!
BTW Mark, that sandwich sounds divine!

Mare

My favorite sammich is:

Corn beef on marble rye with swiss and coleslaw, oh and a jewish pickle on the side!

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I'll take an Italian sausage and salami with melted cheese, sauteed mushrooms, grilled onions and bell peppers, lettuce tomato mustard and vinigrette any day, most likely followed by an ambulance ride.

unclehobart

I really don't have a favorite... but there was this deli nearby when I was a teen that made the most awesome reubens.

rrfield

SouthernN'Proud said:
I'll take an Italian sausage and salami with melted cheese, sauteed mushrooms, grilled onions and bell peppers, lettuce tomato mustard and vinigrette any day, most likely followed by an ambulance ride.

:headbng2:

My personal favorite is hot italian sausage with kraut and spicy mustard. Polish sausage with kraut and spicy mustard is damn good too.