FCC to Embrace "Internet Neutrality"

catocom

I wonder if this is connected in any way to this thread...

Comcast to Take Majority Stake in NBC
PHILADELPHIA — Comcast Corp. announced Thursday it plans to buy a majority stake in NBC Universal for $13.75 billion, giving the nation's largest cable TV operator control of the Peacock network, an array of cable channels and a major movie studio.

Although the deal could mean that movies could reach cable more quickly after showing in theaters, and that TV shows could appear faster on cell phones and other devices, it was already raising concerns that Comcast would wield too much power over entertainment.

Indeed, if the deal clears regulatory and other hurdles, Comcast would rival the heft of The Walt Disney Co. — which Comcast CEO Brian Roberts already tried to buy.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,579001,00.html?test=latestnews

Mirlyn

Best comment I've read:

"Next thing, I'll be sitting in jail for trying to solve a Rubik's Cube by taking it apart."

Winky

FCC to Enforce "Internet Neutrality"

Isn't the government supposed to be in charge of things?

Winky

FCC must enforce "Internet Neutrality"!

Is that not the definition of govern?
Aren't they supposed to be in control of everything under the Sun?
Why should there be any limit to their authority?

Cerise

Obama Eyeing Internet ID for Americans

STANFORD, Calif. - President Obama is planning to hand the U.S. Commerce Department authority over a forthcoming cybersecurity effort to create an Internet ID for Americans, a White House official said here today.

"We are not talking about a national ID card," Locke said at the Stanford event. "We are not talking about a government-controlled system. What we are talking about is enhancing online security and privacy and reducing and perhaps even eliminating the need to memorize a dozen passwords, through creation and use of more trusted digital identities."

jimpeel

We already have that. It's called your IP address.

Of course, that stupid shit wouldn't know that.