Finally...

Aunty Em

Hi guys, Happy New Year!

I'm finally going into hospital on the 27th for my Gastric Bypass... Just got to put up with a 900 calorie a day liquid diet for 2 weeks beforehand... I sure hope they don't have to cancel due to lack of beds! :hairbang:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Why do you need a gastric bypass? (sorry if you mentioned before in another thread, I tend to forget things lately) I thought you were doing great.

Aunty Em

Why do you need a gastric bypass? (sorry if you mentioned before in another thread, I tend to forget things lately) I thought you were doing great.

Well, if you remember back when my daughter died, I was ill myself with serious heart problems due to my weight amongst other things. I know I've lost 6 stone since then, but I'm still 11 1/2 stone overweight and was diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder 2 years ago (which I've had since I was 8) when I was referred for WLS (weight loss surgery).

Over time diets don't work and with the BED it's inevitable that I will put the weight back on eventually (which would be suicide), so to prevent that and help me get down to a more healthy weight I'm having the gastric bypass. I should add I'm also having councelling for the reasons behind the eating disorder and will need that long term.

Gonz said:
Congrats?

Best of luck.

Thanks. I'm not looking forward to the op, but I'm definately lookng forwad to being smaller, fitter and able to do a lot more. :D

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Over time diets don't work and with the BED it's inevitable that I will put the weight back on eventually (which would be suicide), so to prevent that and help me get down to a more healthy weight I'm having the gastric bypass. I should add I'm also having councelling for the reasons behind the eating disorder and will need that long term.

Good luck :)

Aunty Em

Can we expect sexy pics on your return?

Maybe later. But I don't think the sight of my stitches would be that sexy right now... LOL

Yes folks, I had my op 7 days ago and am now back at home recovering uneventfully. Whoopee for soup and milk.

However, it was a double major op, since I had a very large hiatus hernia that they had to repair first and increased the op time by 45 minutes. Once it's healed I should find that my lung capacity has increased significantly... I can already feel the difference.

Anyway, I'm happy it's finally over and I can get on with recovering, learning how to eat again and getting fit.

TexasRaceLady

I'm glad that everything went well. My step-mom had similar surgery at least 20 years ago, and she's going strong.

I'm sure you'll be kicking ass and taking names in no time at all.

Inkara1

I'm sure you'll find being able to use your lungs fully will really help you to feel better and more energetic.

Professur

I thought the big move was towards lap-band now.

Good to hear it all over with, and no complications so far.

Aunty Em

You can't have a lapband with Binge eating disorder, because if you binge it will break the band and case a medical emergency.

Anyway today I'm scheduled to have had, 2 tins soup, 1 pint soya milk and a 250ml smoothie. Plus plenty of water and redbush tea.

I also drove my car around the block... no pain, just tire easily... so I can drive myself to my doctor's tomorrow to get a new medical certificate.