FINALLY!!!

jimpeel

A Muslim group steps to the plate. It's about time they denounce the fake adherents in their midst. They've done themselves proud this time.

SOURCE

Islamic Group Asks Army to Deny 'Traitor' GI's Request for Conscientious Objector Status

Published September 02, 2010 | FoxNews.com

An American Muslim organization is asking the U.S. Army to deny a Muslim soldier’s request for conscientious objector status, accusing him of treason and urging the military to punish him to the full extent of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Pfc. Naser Abdo, a 20-year-old infantryman who joined the Army one year ago, filed for conscientious objector status in June, saying his faith and the military don't mix. "As a Muslim, we stand against injustice, we stand against discrimination, and I feel it's my duty as an individual to do this," Abdo told FoxNews.com.

The Army has deferred his scheduled deployment to Afghanistan.

But the American Islamic Forum for Democracy (AIFD) says Abdo's claim is “patently false.”

"Muslims serve with distinction throughout the United States Military and AIFD sees Abdo’s traitorous public assertions as a slap in the face to all American Muslims especially those Muslims who fight in our armed forces for the liberty and freedom guaranteed by the American Constitution," the group said in a statement it issued on Friday.

Said Dr. M. Zuhdi Jasser, president of AIFD: “Abdo’s actions are an affront to every American Muslim who has proudly donned a U.S. military uniform. His assertions are not built on Islamic teachings but on a feeble adherence to the global political ideology of Islamism that threatens our security and radicalizes our Muslim youth.”

Abdo said that in addition to conflicting with his religion beliefs, his military duties were also consuming every part of his day and interfering with his religious duties. "I knew that if I went to Afghanistan and, God forbid, something were to happen, that my faith was so weak that I wouldn't be admitted into heaven," he said.

But AIFD on Friday called Abdo’s claim a cowardly attempt to use his faith to make a political statement and said it belies the religious experience of the vast majority of Muslim-American troops who have found the time to perform their spiritual rituals.

“The Military has made the application for CO status extremely clear so that soldiers, sailors and marines can not abuse the system and run from their military responsibility,” said Jasser, a former lieutenant commander in the United States Navy.

Fort Campbell spokeswoman Kelly DeWitt said Abdo's deployment had been deferred, but according to Army regulations he may be deployed to Afghanistan at any time like other members of his unit.

"The Army recognizes that even in our all-volunteer force, a soldier's moral, ethical or religious beliefs may change over time," an Army statement read. "The Army and Fort Campbell has procedures in place for soldiers who declare themselves to be conscientious objectors and who apply for conscientious objector status."

AIFD says it hopes the military denies Abdo’s claim and punishes him to the full extent of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. The group is also asking other American Muslim organizations to speak out and make it clear that no loyal American Muslim should ever seek CO status.

Abdo's attorney, James Branum, says if Abdo's claim is denied, he can re-file with new evidence, seek to take the matter to a federal civilian court, refuse to deploy or drop the matter altogether. He acknowledged that Abdo could go to jail if he refuses to obey orders to deploy.

"We're trying to avoid that kind of showdown," Branum told FoxNews.com. "At this moment, Abdo is in a place where he's not going to violate his conscience."

spike

It's about time they denounce the fake adherents in their midst.

Finally? What the fuck? They do that all the time.

I'm not sure what led you to believe this guy is fake though.

2minkey

bootlicker
well, it's no surprise that this is new to jim, since he scours the news for all things anti-islamic...

valkyrie

I'm glad you found this one. There really hasn't been a lot of attention to the Muslims in the US that have been condemning the terrorists non-stop. Yes, this particular group of Americans have been quite vocal. I suppose it's about time the media paid some attention to them.

I agree with the AIFD. This guy was a muslim when he signed up. He knew what he was getting in to. If he was drafted, that would be quite different.

jimpeel

Finally? What the fuck? They do that all the time.

I'm not sure what led you to believe this guy is fake though.

A. I posted this here because I knew you would take the side of the Muslims, as usual. Just wanted you to be able to get in your licks.

B. He is a fake because he is doing what all of the radicals in the religion do; and that is to make up shit that does not exist thus bastardizing his own religion.

spike

A. I posted this here because I knew you would take the side of the Muslims, as usual. Just wanted you to be able to get in your licks.

I'm taking the side of the facts as usual because you made up some shit.

He is a fake because he is doing what all of the radicals in the religion do; and that is to make up shit that does not exist thus bastardizing his own religion.

Lots of people make up shit. Doesn't make you a fake "whatever religion".

You made up some shit in your first post. Does that make you a fake "whatever religion you are"?

jimpeel

I'm taking the side of the facts as usual because you made up some shit.

Lots of people make up shit. Doesn't make you a fake "whatever religion".

You made up some shit in your first post. Does that make you a fake "whatever religion you are"?

Osama Bin Laden makes up wild extremist viewpoints on what the Koran says and means. Is he a true adherent of Islam or is he a fake?

spike

As a Muslim, we stand against injustice, we stand against discrimination,

Sounds pretty extremist.

Cerise has wild and extremist viewpoints....does that make her a fake?

2minkey

bootlicker
Osama Bin Laden makes up wild extremist viewpoints on what the Koran says and means. Is he a true adherent of Islam or is he a fake?

why does it matter? you've already identified all muslims as the enemy. oh, wait, so then OBL isn't really our enemy if he's a fake. or maybe, just maybe, it's only the fake ones that are our enemy. but don't let any of this get in the way of good red-blooded american hero banter.

jimpeel

SOURCE

Old Friend Challenges Bin Laden
September 10, 2010 - 12:58 PM | by: Amy Kellogg

On the anniversary of the 9-11 terror attacks in the United States, a former associate of Osama bin Laden has written a lengthy open letter to the Al Qaeda leader, highly critical of the organization’s actions, and laying out all the negative repercussions of them, on the entire world, both Muslim and non-Muslim.

Noman Benotman, a former Libyan Islamic Fighting Group commander, who fought in the Afghan war against the Soviets alongside Osama bin Laden, writes to the Al Qaeda number one:

“I write to you as a former comrade-in-arms. We fought together. We were ready to die together. Under the banner of Islam, we came to the aid of fellow Muslims in Afghanistan. To this day, I take pride in having fought against the Soviets and the Communists. We were in the right and no enemy could have stood in our way. This is no longer the case. After our victory, we became a curse for the very people we sought to help.”

Ed Husain, Co-Director of the Quilliam Foundation, a well-known counter-extremism think tank in London, says this letter is highly significant.

“This letter has been written by someone who was once a personal guest of Osama bin Laden. In personal and political terms, this document will trouble bin Laden because the letter asks questions that will embarrass al Qaeda and expose its failures. Will bin Laden respond. Time will tell.”

Benotman argues that bin Laden’s actions have brought disrepute upon Muslims. He sees no benefit to the people of Afghanistan—basically that nothing good has come from its being the training ground for the 9-11 attacks.

Bentoman now lives in London. He and his group never embraced the ethic of global jihad, rather they turned to trying to overthrow the Gaddafi regime, and replace it with an Islamic state. Subsequently, the group renounced violence altogether and has been granted amnesty for that by the Libyan government.

Benotman warned bin Laden in Kandahar in 2000 against using violence and attacks outside Afghanistan. In his letter he points out that Taliban leader Mullah Omar asked Bin Laden on several occasions to stop provoking and inviting American attacks on his country, but that bin Laden ignored him.

Benotman, in his letter, asks, “What has the 11th of September brought to the world except mass killings, occupations, destruction, hatred of Muslims, humiliation of Islam, and a tighter grip on the lives of ordinary Muslims by the authoritarian regimes that control Arab and Muslim states? “

He goes on. “Your actions have harmed millions of innocent Muslims and non-Muslims alike. How is this Islam or jihad? For how much longer will al-Qaeda continue to bring shame on Islam, disrupt ordinary Muslims’ lives, and be the cause of global unrest?”

Many people have asked since September 11, 2001, why there haven’t been more credible voices from the Muslim world speaking out against Al Qaeda. Benotman firmly does that in this letter.

“Muslims across the world have rejected your calls for wrongful jihad and the establishment of your so-called ‘Islamic state’ when they witnessed the form this has taken in Iraq. Even the Palestinians consider your ‘help’ to have had negative repercussions on their cause.”

Finally, Benotman brings consequences of the 9-11 attacks right up to the current moment.

“In New York, your un-Islamic actions have caused hurt, loss, pain and anguish to thousands of innocent people and their families. One consequence is that those Muslims seeking to build a House of God in New York are today being compared to Nazis. And now we hear that on the anniversary of your attack, an American preacher is even planning to burn the Koran in revenge!”

Benotman thinks it is time to engage in a debate with bin Laden himself as military interventions have not stopped Al Qaeda in its tracks. He is calling for Al Qaeda to stop its operations for six months to take a good look at itself, to find out really how the rest of the Muslim world sees it, and to seek counsel and guidance from Islamic scholars. Clearly these words are not going to get Al Qaeda fighters to drop their guns on the spot. But there is no apparent harm in an old friend laying out a whole list of informed arguments to Bin Laden. It’s not clear he is listening. But he has been challenged to answer to someone who once fought with him in the trenches.