FiOS TV

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Got a call from Verizon this morning. FiOS TV is being installed, starting next week.

"Would I be interested?" asks the guy. te-he...need he ask?

180 channels of fine digitally fed mind numbing crappola to look at as it comes screaming at me at the speed of light. 2 HDTV & 3 total, with DVR, home phone & long distance plus internet, all for about $25. less than I'm payng now.

They'll be here the 21st.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Texas is a Verizon FiOS stronghold. You may have a shot. chcr though, is still SOL.

Inkara1

I, meanwhile, am experiencing the reliability of Charter Intern... fuck, I almost finished that with a straight face.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They just added about 30 HD channels with 70 or so more by years end.

Top it off with a new local internet speed service (used to be 15/2 or 30/30), Now you can get 10/2, 20/5 or 20/20. I opted for the 20/5, at the same price as 15/2. 20/20 was $15. more a month but I upload very little.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 20531 kbps (2566.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 4941 kbps (617.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

:hairbang:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'm hurt
WEB100 Enabled Statistics:
running 10s outbound test (client-to-server [C2S]) . . . . . 3.78Mb/s
running 10s inbound test (server-to-client [S2C]) . . . . . . 20.52Mb/s

Huge

I really wish Fios would get into Manhattan sooner :mad: This 3.0gb dsl is not cutting it anymore...

MrBishop

Hey Gonz...with all the love in the world, buddy

F......u......c......k............ O......f......f......!
*Sorry, lag time :(

BlurOfSerenity

my parents and my bff got fios, and they love it... but meanwhile, i think that comcast has been steppin' it up because of the competition; jay and i have had fewer problems with our service.

Inkara1

I'd get cable internet back because the DSL sucks fat cock here... but I don't want to ditch DirecTV because I've been happy with it, and Charter doesn't even use K-Y when ass-raping you on the price of internet without TV (after the six-month promo price, of course).