First Muslim Congressman

spike

How many Christians are serving in government capacities in the Arab world again?

You tell me. Then tell me why that would have anything to do with a US citizen being qualified for Congress.

someone who is a professed member of the very group we are at war with, the very group trying to undermine our country, to be a member of its Congress. Fools, the damn lot of them that elected him.

We're at war with Al Queada, not Muslims.

Considering this congressman is a black man born in Detroit (really not known for spawning terrorists) it kinda makes your whole rant seem to be what's foolish...or just bigotry. :laugh:

Cerise

Just another attempt to undermine US traditions and values.

If he is allowed to swear on the koran, who would hold it for him? After all, an infidel can't put their dirty paws on one.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Although religions like catholicism do believe all non catholics are going to hell.
A general tenet behind all religions. Otherwise, there'd be no need for seperation.[/QUOTE]

We're at war with Al Queada, not Muslims.

No sir. al Qaeda is just one group in a larger war to end, or contain, terror...well, I suppose you're statement is correct, though limited in scope.

spike

No sir. al Qaeda is just one group in a larger war to end, or contain, terror...well, I suppose you're statement is correct, though limited in scope.

Yeah, I forgot to include black people in Detroit according to SoutherNProud.

spike

Just another attempt to undermine US traditions and values.

If he is allowed to swear on the koran, who would hold it for him? After all, an infidel can't put their dirty paws on one.

I think it's an attempt to make his swearing in meaningful to him.

Most muslims would be happy to let anyone touch or even *gasp* read a koran.

This thread is funny :laugh:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Now here's where it's funny.

Our esteemed fly in the ointment keeps calling me racist. Yet not one letter did I type concerning the man's race. He was the one who brought it out. He is the one making judgments based on "a black from Detroit". I don't care if he's purple from PagoPago. I have a problem with an avowed enemy of the State becoming a lawmaker...others are concerned about the color of his skin way more than I.

But just keep kidding yourself pal. We are all laughing, just not WITH you.

spike

Here's why people would laugh at your comments:

How many Christians are serving in government capacities in the Arab world again? And yet we allow someone who is a professed member of the very group we are at war with, the very group trying to undermine our country, to be a member of its Congress. Fools, the damn lot of them that elected him.

You assumed he was Arab and was part of a group we are at war with. :laugh:

You also assumed christians play no part in arab government (not that it has anything to do with this guy) and that most terrorists are muslim.

Now you're calling him an "avowed enemy of the State".

How many times do you plan on being so wrong in just one thread?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I deduced from his name he was not Arab. You know nothing of my thought process.

Own up. You introduced race, got called on it, and are trying to squirm out of it.

spike

I deduced from his name he was not Arab. You know nothing of my thought process.

Own up. You introduced race, got called on it, and are trying to squirm out of it.

Yeah right, if you knew he was not arab why bring up the arab world (introducing race before me)? Pretty transparent of you.

Talk about squirming.

chcr

Too cute for words
Most Muslims aren't terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslim. Unless you choose to fool yourself, in which case it's all Bush's fault.

How many Christians are serving in government capacities in the Arab world again? And yet we allow someone who is a professed member of the very group we are at war with, the very group trying to undermine our country, to be a member of its Congress. Fools, the damn lot of them that elected him.

I have every right to be as intollerent as I like, same as every one else shows their intollerence. I strongly suggest getting over it cuz it ain't changin'. Saves on ulcer meds. But, this being a "free" country, suit yourself. I do.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the point. How many arab countries is christianity all but illegal in? Do you want to run ours like they run theirs? Evidently so. Sad to think that people who believe that are encouraged to think of themselves as patriotic Americans. Patriotic Germans were once encouraged to believe similar bullshit, now weren't they?

You do have every right to be as intolerant as you like as a private citizen. As a member of or representative of the American government you would be sworn to uphold the constitution whether or not you agree with it all. I'm pretty intolerant myself, just of different things than you are. I'm very intolerant of anything that smacks of theocracy, for instance.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I bring up the Arab world because, as I plainly stated to those able to read and think without distorting, that is the Muslim stronghold. By becoming Muslim, he has lumped himself with an unsavory lot. His choice. A bunch of idiots gave him the power to make laws. Their choice. I don't like it. My choice. You choose to try and twist everything. Your choice. We laugh when you do. Our choice.

Ch, I well know you will rail against anything that remotely comes close to thinking about mentioning any religion whatsoever. In that, we share a common tendency, just different topics.

Keep laughing. It'll haunt you sooner or later.

spike

I bring up the Arab world because, as I plainly stated to those able to read and think without distorting, that is the Muslim stronghold. By becoming Muslim, he has lumped himself with an unsavory lot.

Wrong yet again! :laugh:

The Arab world can't even be considered "the Muslim stronghold" so he's not lumping himself with Arabs.

As if Arabs are an unsavory lot to begin with. How racist of you.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
For the record, Detroit metro has one of the largest Arab, and Muslim, populations outside the middle east. Yes, there are terrorists included among them. Let's hope we don't find out who they are the wrong way.

Gotholic

Wrong, most religions openly accept other religions being present and practiced freely. Although religions like catholicism do believe all non catholics are going to hell.

That is absolutely not true.

It is even possible for atheists to go to heaven.

chcr

Too cute for words
I'll bet less than 25% of muslims are Arabs. I'll further bet that less than 40% are even middle-eastern.