Fond Memories

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
What is one of your very fond memories of someone who you were close with but they've now passed away?

I remember one time my mom asked my Dad and I to do the grocery shopping and she gave us the list that she had written for herself. We were determined to do it right and get everything on the list. Well, we got just about everything at the first store, except "s-meat" because they didn't have any salt meat (it's a newfie thing, it's pickled beef...you cook it in the pot with your veggies)...so we went to store after store all around Brampton and noone had any (which is weird cause usually it's easy to find). So, finally we give up and go home and tell my mom that we got "everything except the salt meat" and she was like "I didn't have salt meat on the list" and we were like "Yeah, 's-meat' right here" and she was like "Yeah, that means 'sandwich meat' " Man, we laughed SO HARD! It was especially funny cause we have salt meat when we have turkey dinner and it wasn't near any holiday where we'd be having a turkey dinner so we didn't even know WHY she would want salt meat...yet she used sandwich meat everyday when she made my dad's lunches but we never thought of "s-meat" being sandwich meat :D