Football

rrfield

A Colts win would have been the greatest football travesty in quite some time. That was an interception no matter what that official thinks he saw.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
unclehobart said:
I didn't think it was due to Manning choke factor, rather it was the defense that seemingly went spongy.

May be. But when he runs around like a banty rooster flapping his arms at the line of scrimmage, and calls all the plays, and all that other shit he takes credit for when they win, he needs to pony up when he gets beat. It's typical Peyton...Teflon quarterback. Nothing sticks to him.

He'll never win a Super Bowl.

woodman19_99

I think the key to beating Manning is knocking him on his ass alot. I know teams have blitzed him in the past and he still beats them, but the Steelers really got to him yesterday. His protection disintigrated and he is not exactly the most mobile quarterback in the league... I think that is why the Pats were able to beat him in the past... they hit him early and often. Poor baby doesn't liked to be touched when he wants to throw...

I guess now I need to hope for Denver to win. I would at least like to say we lost to the Champs...

Inkara1

There's a saying: "When the going gets tough, the Mannings get... hey, wait, where did he go?"

unclehobart

Not as stupid as all of the players continuing to mouth off that there was some form of bias underneath it. Such mumblings almost guarantee suspensions and fines.

nalani

*raises my hand* I have a football question. Yes, this question is directly related to the game of football.

When is it over so I can have my boyfriend back?
:D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
what's your hurry?
STEELERS_WHERES_POLA.jpg

I think he's Hawaiian

rrfield

nalani said:
*raises my hand* I have a football question. Yes, this question is directly related to the game of football.

When is it over so I can have my boyfriend back?
:D

Well, the Super Bowl is Feb 5th. Then the Pro Bowl, but no one really watches that. Then the off-season fun begins. March 1st a bunch of players befome free agents, we get to hear and read about whos signing with who, whos going to be franchised or transitioned, first round of salary cap cuts due to roster bonuses, etc. That lasts till the draft comes along in mid-april. The 2 or 3 weeks before the draft you will hear pro-football fans talk about who so-and-so is a can't-miss-prospect and the Toledo Mudhens would be STUPID to pass on him, even though that football fan might have seen the player in question a total of 3 times in his college career. After the draft comes mini-camps where the local press hypes up all the rookes and new free agents. Each local beat writter MUST pick one undrafted rookie to pimp for the next few months, always comparing him to other great undrafted rookies like John Randle or Rod Smith. Said rookie won't make it past the 2nd mini-camp though. Next comes June 1st when some veterans will get cut to spread the cap hit over 2 years instead of 1. This is the second phase of free agency, though this phase has gotten less and less imprntant over the years. There's a little down time then, about a month, until teams get nervous about their 1st round draft picks not being into training camp on time. 4 or 5 will have semi-long or really long holdouts, but most will sign within the first 2 or 3 days of camp. Then TRAINING CAMP beings. That lasts what, 3 or 4 weeks. The NFL season REALLY starts with the Hall of Fame inductions and pre-season game, which happens during training camp. With the advent of the NFL Network, you can watch EVERY pre-season game! Yee haw! Got to find out who's back from injury, whos first unit is playing well, what D's still havent patched their holes...This goes on for about 4 weeks, until it's time to draft your fantasy team, which you really should have been preparing for since about May. Fantasy football is another story.

Anyway, after the pre-season the real season begins, usually the weekend after Labor Day, and you lose your boyfriend again. Assuming you ever got him back to begin with.

So to answer your question, no.

tonksy

Is he Hawaiian? I hadn't noticed.
*doesn't care what kind of flour's in the cookie, just wants a bite :devious:

unclehobart

I take that back. Apparently he stayed mostly west coast. He went to high school in Oregon and did his college at USC.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
unclehobart said:
He may be blood Hawaiian... but the lad was raised in Massachusetts. Daddy played for the Patriots.

I haerd some announcer or another mention it. Didn't pay much attention until one of our resident Hawaiians reported back.

Stop Laughing

My Bears went into hibernation, dammit. Maybe we should compare this to 84 instead of 85. We will be back, we definitely have a D to be reckoned with, just gotta get the other side going, and get a big time WR who doesn't come close to leading the league in dropped passes.