Francisco Cordero blown save watch thread

Inkara1

As of Tuesday, April 25:

Francisco Cordero, Texas Rangers "closer":
Saves: 3
Blown saves: 4

Inkara1

Luckily for the Rangers, Blalock just singled Teixeira home for the win, but what sucks is that Cordero goes into the books as the winning pitcher. He doesn't deserve to be the "winning" pitcher.

woodman19_99

All I know is, I am pretty psyched on Jon Papelbon... I don't care how much you make fun of the kid's last name... he's damn good...

And by the way, the AL East is going to be the closest division all friggin year... when was the last time the D-Rays were this close to .500????

Inkara1

SouthernN'Proud said:
If they win, I don't care who did what.

That's all fine and good, but when our "closer" blows a save more often than he makes a save, we can't count on always facing a team whose closer is on the DL like last night.

unclehobart

sidebar:

What happend to that one guy going after the hitting streak record? Where did he end up? Is he still going?

woodman19_99

unclehobart said:
sidebar:

What happend to that one guy going after the hitting streak record? Where did he end up? Is he still going?

Jimmy Rollins? That streak died at 38, which is kinda good because it spanded two seasons, which would have lead to a lot of questions if he ever got near Dimaggio...

rrfield

Inkara1 said:
As of Tuesday, April 25:

Blown saves: 4

Derrick Turnbow, Milwaukee Brewers "closer":
Saves: 8
Blown saves: 0

nevermind he gave up 2 runs with a 3 run lead today, a save is a save :)

rrfield

Our goals are a little different.

The Crew is shooting for an improvement over last years 81-81. My pre-season prediction was 85-77, which will probably contend for the wild card until the early part of September.

If the Braves miss the playoffs the season is a bust.

You are right though, an April sweep means Doodley Squat in a 162 game series.

HomeLAN

Yeah, we're a little spoiled. Not winning the division is classed as utter failure. Even a wild card would be frowned on.

People in this town have forgotten what summers were like pre-1991.....

woodman19_99

Hmmm..

Jonathan Papelbon:

Saves: 9
Blown: 0

muhahahaha

and forget you NL fans... think anyone in the NL west will finish above .500 this year?

Inkara1

rrfield said:
Derrick Turnbow, Milwaukee Brewers "closer":
Saves: 8
Blown saves: 0

nevermind he gave up 2 runs with a 3 run lead today, a save is a save :)

You can remove the quotes from closer for Turnbow, it looks like... I only put quotes around it for Cordero because he's called the closer but he can't seem to close.

Cordero blew a three-run save opportunity in Seattle just this past week.

Inkara1

SouthernN'Proud said:
If they win, I don't care who did what.

Still don't care?

Blown saves: 5
ERA: 11.70

Rangers lose, 6-4, in 10 innings.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
But they didn't win. Makes 'em, what, 9-3 in last 12 games? That works.

Dude, c'mon. These are the Rangers. They will contend until the heat in Texas kicks in, then they'll fold like a house of cards. Same as every year. Brag while we can, then root against the yankees and Sawks, like every year.