Freddie Mac's CFO - suicide

MrBishop

WASHINGTON - David Kellermann, the acting chief financial officer of money-losing mortgage giant Freddie Mac, was found dead at his home early Wednesday in what police said was an apparent suicide.

The Fairfax County police responded to a 911-call at 4:48 a.m. at the suburban Virginia home Kellermann shared with his wife Donna and five-year-old daughter Grace. The police would not release the exact cause of death, but spokesman Eddy Azcarate said Kellermann’s body was found in the basement.

Kellermann, 41, lived in Hunter Mill Estates, a well-off neighborhood of large single-family homes with manicured lawns. County records show Kellermann’s home is worth about $900,000.
Link

catocom

yep there's a few execs gone now.

I said they'd be jumping from buildings, but this has been the trend.

Some taking the whole family with um.

jimpeel

It would have a far greater impact if a few of them were taken out and hanged; but, lacking that, suicide will have to suffice.

valkyrie

I heard about that this morning while driving to work. It's too bad, really. I'm sure he took some secrets with him.

We could have water-boarded him to obtain the information we needed. ;)

catocom

oh no we need to go with Sadams method,,,
feet in water, and 120volts all over different body parts.
Or maybe we should cut off there heads like the saudis...

no wait, maybe...

valkyrie

oh no we need to go with Sadams method,,,
feet in water, and 120volts all over different body parts.
Or maybe we should cut off there heads like the saudis...

no wait, maybe...
Oh, hell... I was limiting myself... if we're throwing in tortures from other countries, why stop there? How about other time periods? The Spanish Inquisition anyone? ;)

(Bet you didn't expect that!)

spike

It would have a far greater impact if a few of them were taken out and hanged; but, lacking that, suicide will have to suffice.

You were just all crazy anti-suicide in another thread and now you've completely flip flopped. :laugh:

jimpeel

You were just all crazy anti-suicide in another thread and now you've completely flip flopped. :laugh:

That was an "Oh, well, if we gotta ..." but you chose to make up your own meaning.

Again. TRY READING FOR COMPREHENSION and lacking that try to stop making shit up.

Cerise

Get the body count started: our first Vince Foster under 0bama.

How sad for his family.

If only we could find out what he really knew...

spike

That was an "Oh, well, if we gotta ..." but you chose to make up your own meaning.

Again. TRY READING FOR COMPREHENSION and lacking that try to stop making shit up.

Being vehemently against suicide and now "oh well if we gotta it's ok" is a flip flop.

Do you have a clear stance on suicide or not?

jimpeel

Being vehemently against suicide and now "oh well if we gotta it's ok" is a flip flop.

I prefer hanging, but not by their own hand. Lacking that we will have to settle for suicide. That's what I said before; and that's what I say now.

One down, many to go.

I think I have been quite clear on that. Nothing has changed.

Professur

It often amuses me to see people expect absolute devotion from others, slaves to their opinions .... and called hypocrites if they don't. Bish frequently questions my opinions about gays by asking whether I'd turn my back on onr of my kids if they came out of the closet, as tho loving my kids and not accepting gays couldn't co-exist. Not being a robot, I can easily deal with logic failures and paradoxes. Likewise, Jim can be morally against suicides, but still appreciate when a waste of dna decides to stop wasting our air.

Y'know, my daughter does this. Extracts promises, and then does everything in her power to try and make us break them, just so that she can feel superior and call us liars. Doesn't impress me very much when she does it either. You don't make yourself any taller by kicking the feet out of those around you. You just drag everyone down into the gutter with you.

spike

I prefer hanging, but not by their own hand. Lacking that we will have to settle for suicide. That's what I said before; and that's what I say now.

So if your willing to settle for suicide that would mean you are not as against it as you have previously stated.

I think I have been quite clear on that. Nothing has changed.

Oh no Jim you seemed quite clear when you said "I have stated for many years that the legitimization of killing at any level legitimizes killing at every level."

Now however it's something your willing to settle for. You are legitimizing it.

That's one hell of a flip flop.

spike

Likewise, Jim can be morally against suicides, but still appreciate when a waste of dna decides to stop wasting our air.

Yeah it's morality when convenient. He's only against suicide unless he personally doesn't like the person.

It's a horrible awful sin against god and he'll moralize about it publicly. Unless of course he doesn't like the person then suddenly suicide is not that bad and he's willing to accept it.

It is probably similar to your topic about being all gay hating unless it's your kids. Where Jim flip flops when it's someone he doesn't like maybe you flip flop when it's someone close to you.

Maybe like when you stated you considered rape no worse than other types of assault. You certainly ran off quick when the subject turned to you, your wife, or your daughter being raped. Looked like again your beliefs didn't hold up when applied to you or someone close to you.

Professur

Yeah it's morality when convenient. He's only against suicide unless he personally doesn't like the person.

It's a horrible awful sin against god and he'll moralize about it publicly. Unless of course he doesn't like the person then suddenly suicide is not that bad and he's willing to accept it.

It is probably similar to your topic about being all gay hating unless it's your kids. Where Jim flip flops when it's someone he doesn't like maybe you flip flop when it's someone close to you.

Maybe like when you stated you considered rape no worse than other types of assault. You certainly ran off quick when the subject turned to you, your wife, or your daughter being raped. Looked like again your beliefs didn't hold up when applied to you or someone close to you.

Bish, is that you? Go back and read it again, sunshine. I put the thread on ignore when it went from discussing an issue to a personal attack. And I didn't say I personally believed that it was anything of the sort. I pointed out that rape is considered such a horrible crime because of our modern western upbringing, and that most of the rest of the world shruggs it off and gets on with the day.

BTW, nice attack with the 'all gay hating'. Go through every post I've ever made on this site and find one where I 'hate gays'. I'll wait. I hate People. Individually. Specifically. I don't hate groups. They're not that important ('cept to themselves)

Now, since this is again turning into an attack thread, it's going on ignore too. Seems like that's all you people know how to do.

catocom

Oh, hell... I was limiting myself... if we're throwing in tortures from other countries, why stop there? How about other time periods? The Spanish Inquisition anyone? ;)

aw that ain't nuthin'.
Lets string their guts along the road like in Somalia.
Hey... and we can put heads on a stick.

I wonder if we could clone um, and kill um again, oh what great fun.

seriously though...
the cia has to have some checks, and these people captured on the field....
Depends on the person, and it should be done in private...The problem is
again, People.
Just like the banks, the right people where not overseeing some of the factors.

That said shake mohamed should have an extra hole in his head.

valkyrie

<<snippety snip>>I pointed out that rape is considered such a horrible crime because of our modern western upbringing, and that most of the rest of the world shruggs it off and gets on with the day.
<<snippety snip>>
I have traveled to many parts of the world and you have somehow got the wrong idea about the attitude toward rape in "the rest of the world". In some cultures, a woman is considered spoiled and will have a hard time finding a husband if she is raped before marriage, and if raped after marriage her husband has the right to abandon her.

In some cultures, she can be hung for being raped because, again, she has been spoiled.

Doesn't seem like rape is "shrugged off" as you say.

But we digress... this thread was about the CFO's suicide.

valkyrie

Ah, hell... do I have to say it myself????

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!

MrBishop

Bish frequently questions my opinions about gays by asking whether I'd turn my back on onr of my kids if they came out of the closet, as tho loving my kids and not accepting gays couldn't co-exist.
Actually...I was saying that you assumed that someone's political stripes would change radically based on their child's sexual orientation...and reflecting that statement back at you so you'd see how patently ridiculous that statement was...