Free health care to all clearly goes against natural selection, Darwin, and evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Free health care to all clearly goes against natural selection, Darwin, and evolu

I understand what you are saying and why. Sometimes the mentally ill have internal stimuli, audio hallucination, that they interpret as "god", "satan", "jesus" or "Michael Jackson".. When this internal stimuli is commanding that they harm themself or others, medication intervention is the ideal treatment.

As a follow up with this course of action; its not unusual for the individual to grieve and complain that they feel like they have lost their close relationship with their [deity of choice].

Its a fine line to walk.

Isn't that special! RM has taken up a hobby trying to understand complex issues and fancy himself an expert! Maybe he can someday grow up to be as important as Oily Taintz!

spike

Re: Free health care to all clearly goes against natural selection, Darwin, and evolu

Most people believe in helping those who have problems, just not forced to fuel a fucked up system to do it.

Since government systems typically work better than our current system that would mean we should quit fueling the present fucked up system.

Helping those that have problems does not support this evolutionary view of healthcare you have.

Since government systems typically work better than our current system that would mean we should quit fueling the present fucked up system.

Helping those that have problems does not support this evolutionary view of healthcare you have.

Hard to fault that logic spike, but I guess if you live in the evil opposite Bizarro world anything is possible!

ResearchMonkey

I can agree with that part at least....
not so much with the 'ideal' solution part. Just depends imo.

What we know of the mechanics of the humans psyche is but a smudge, its the best have right now. The alternative is to just let them make headlines.

catocom

well there is the counseling thing too.
I just don't think everybody needs to be medicated.

2minkey

bootlicker

Isn't that special! RM has taken up a hobby trying to understand complex issues and fancy himself an expert! Maybe he can someday grow up to be as important as Oily Taintz!

... and you apparently have learned nothing from your little drama over in the town hall forum... not to mention the pot and kettle one more time.

ResearchMonkey

well there is the counseling thing too.
I just don't think everybody needs to be medicated.

Not everyone does. Medication is the common advisable approach for immediate control of a dangerous situation, its not often forced. Hospitalization may be required. The goal is to stabilize the individual so they don't slit their wrist or harm their children, safety is the number one concern.

Each case is different but ideally the medication is adjusted or removed as the dynamic treatment plan is processed by a didactic team of professionals. Counseling is not an immediate solution for a dangerous situation. Counseling, at this level, only works over time and often cannot fully replace a medication regimen.

Some people have one short crisis episode and never again have a problem. Others will need intense monitoring or even hospitalization for extended periods of time.

catocom

now that sounds a little better worded.
I still think that razor thing is crap.

What we know of the mechanics of the humans psyche is but a smudge,

I agree with that, but not the best we have part.

catocom

Just curious RM...
while you are reading this, how does it make it to your memory banks?

ResearchMonkey

First of all you have a series of perceptions; for example you see the letter of what you are reading then having a cognition of what they mean. A record is encoded of those perceptions as maintained in the brain. When you recall the memory - what is happening is your brain is re-firing a lower resolution repetition of the sensory experience. At these times the sensory portions of the brain (such as the occipital lobe for visual information) are being used as a playback machine.

There is a a mechanism that causes a record of perceptions to be re-enacted in response to a stimulus. The process involves the hippocampus, the amygdala, and other regions in the midbrain.

In short what is stored is the ability to replay a perception of a moment in time. PTSD is an example of this, its a bad loop intersecting with an amplified* flashback of stored perceptions. (amplified* vs lower-resolution)

Intentional recall is something we do not understand. We do know it relates to eye movement, its almost like a keyboard Google'ing your brain.

catocom

ah, and which definition of "perception" are you using.

2minkey

bootlicker

yeah i'd certainly guess that perception in this context means direct sensory data rather than some other klever bullshit.

ResearchMonkey

yeah i'd certainly guess that perception in this context means direct sensory data rather than some other klever bullshit.
Bing! -- its varied; when you're reading it would primarily be sight, the feel of the keyboard on you fingers, the smell of the room, and the noises you hear, bowel pressures. Each has some degree of input which varies in value.-- all combines to make a single perception of a moment in time.

catocom

but then "sensory" is relative isn't it?

ResearchMonkey

but then "sensory" is relative isn't it?
Of course sensory is relative to perception. Although you and I may have a different perception on the exact same thing. Its that unique thing again.

I not certain I understand your question or if we're just playing a game.

2minkey

bootlicker

i think the WOPR is playing a game. you guys are gonna have to kiss at the end of it.

WOPR.jpg

catocom

no it's not a game

I just wanted your perception on it
now I see.

catocom

RM, I got another one for ya on conscious thought...
or unconscious I guess...

do you dream?
Have you had one that seemed real? ('til you woke)
Did you hear anything, with your mind only, then?

maybe "voices" or "hear" are the wrong words. I don't know.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

Yeah maybe if he's lucky he will die with a lot of toys, and money, and friendless and alone so nobody gets his toys once he's gone! Then they can all be buried together happily!

Giving it to relatives would be welfare like and promote a lack of personal responsibility!

Leave it to a worth charity, like a bank, or let it be worm food with its owner!

Assume a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.