Free health care to all clearly goes against natural selection, Darwin, and evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResearchMonkey

Re: Free health care to all clearly goes against natural selection, Darwin, and evolu

RM, I got another one for ya on conscious thought...
or unconscious I guess...

do you dream?
Have you had one that seemed real? ('til you woke)
Did you hear anything, with your mind only, then?

maybe "voices" or "hear" are the wrong words. I don't know.

Yes I do dream and yes I have had dreams that were real enough as I woke.

I'm sensing that we're leading into discussion that I'm not very comfortable with, even if its theory, it may be out of ethos and improper in this setting. 2nd Currently dream-works amounts to scientific voodooo and is best left to Stephen Spielberg . 3rd I'm not up for being attacked by the wiki-brigade with "actual facts™".

Assume a lot?
He is assuming that every else buys well endowed vegetables for toys. He's 'prolly right that worms do like them when he's done.

catocom

Re: Free health care to all clearly goes against natural selection, Darwin, and evolu

ok rm.
I just know you knew some of my home situation, and I yours, and know
you are far more educated it certain areas, and might be able to provide
me a little insight into the thinking of the 'system'.
You have been helpful, and I appreciate what insight you have provided.

I'll pursue other avenues.

I apologize if I sounded condescending in any of my comments

ResearchMonkey

ok rm.
I just know you knew some of my home situation, and I yours, and know
you are far more educated it certain areas, and might be able to provide
me a little insight into the thinking of the 'system'.
You have been helpful, and I appreciate what insight you have provided.

I'll pursue other avenues.

I apologize if I sounded condescending in any of my comments

I'm not sure where you were condescending, the closest thing was making my spidery-senses tingle and I kind'a enjoy that.

I believe its very important to develop an understanding, although finding a pure and full understanding is beyond any individual.

I may be of some help to you in PM's. Open forums might give some people the wrong impression.

catocom

meh, I take it you aren't Christian, so I don't see much more coming of it I guess.

meh, I take it you aren't Christian, so I don't see much more coming of it I guess.

I have a question cat, why is it that so many Christians find the theory of evolution so offensive? To me it seems like a "chicken or egg" argument. To me it seems like God could have created things in any number of bizarre and wondrous ways beyond our comprehension. To me creationism and evolution do not seem to need to cancel each other out. I don't understand why evolution devotees, must believe in no need of a God to explain it all, or even that science must prove the non existence of any type of god concept, or even that there is harm in presenting all the theories we have?!?

Even if one wants to believe the Adam and Eve story is literal exact truth, it can be argued that really very little was actually explained about the science of it all (science in this instance being God's methods), and thus evolution was not at all explained away by the Genesis story....

The fact is it is a mystery now, and why is it so important anyway? I am all for teaching theories side by side, but to excuse the kids on evolution day, well that interferes with the right of the kid to learning and coming to his or her own understandings, just as having them excluded from knowledge about creationist theories would be. I am also all for teaching that since we cannot say anything absolute, that their is possibly much truth in both stories, and while science's understanding is ever expanding it is almost never absolute.

I wish everyone the best in their endeavors, I really do, it's just so easy to forget that sometimes, takes a nanosecond....

catocom

I have a question cat, why is it that so many Christians find the theory of evolution so offensive? To me it seems like a "chicken or egg" argument. To me it seems like God could have created things in any number of bizarre and wondrous ways beyond our comprehension. To me creationism and evolution do not seem to need to cancel each other out. I don't understand why evolution devotees, must believe in no need of a God to explain it all, or even that science must prove the non existence of any type of god concept, or even that there is harm in presenting all the theories we have?!?

Even if one wants to believe the Adam and Eve story is literal exact truth, it can be argued that really very little was actually explained about the science of it all (science in this instance being God's methods), and thus evolution was not at all explained away by the Genesis story....

The fact is it is a mystery now, and why is it so important anyway? I am all for teaching theories side by side, but to excuse the kids on evolution day, well that interferes with the right of the kid to learning and coming to his or her own understandings, just as having them excluded from knowledge about creationist theories would be. I am also all for teaching that since we cannot say anything absolute, that their is possibly much truth in both stories, and while science's understanding is ever expanding it is almost never absolute.

the theory it's self doesn't offend me. It's the application some have used
to try to discredit Christianity, and has made many touchy about it I guess.
Personally I think it's partially true. Just bad chronology.
I have my doubts about carbon dating past a certain time period, and on certain materials.
as I've said...science, and biology don't seem to me to conflict with my religion.
Theories are theories though.
I have my own, and try to stay open minded on many others.
I made my highest test scores in science, then math...

the theory it's self doesn't offend me. It's the application some have used
to try to discredit Christianity, and has made many touchy about it I guess.
Personally I think it's partially true. Just bad chronology.
I have my doubts about carbon dating past a certain time period, and on certain materials.
as I've said...science, and biology don't seem to me to conflict with my religion.
Theories are theories though.
I have my own, and try to stay open minded on many others.
I made my highest test scores in science, then math...

I had the feeling you would be more like me than the average Christian (and in so many ways I consider myself a "Christian +" in that I believe in Christianity, but that there are other ways to god and I could explain if you like but privately). I just am really where i just said I was though. I don't see why this is something Christians and non Christians enjoy making it a point of contention of believing that the truth or one absolutely denies any validity to the other.

catocom

I don't see why this is something Christians and non Christians enjoy making it a point of contention of believing that the truth of one absolutely denies any validity to the other.

I can get onboard with that.:thumbup:

ResearchMonkey

She has genetic health issues. None of her health issues are from personal choices.

Was she born with xy chromosomes fully knowing they should have been xx?

spike

Nope.

Cerise

She has genetic health issues. None of her health issues are from personal choices.

Did she have it as a child, or is it something that developed as she got older?

spike

Yes, she had it as a child but it only really started causing problems lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.