Froot Loops are not health food.

H2O boy

i personally never needed the government to tell me froot loops were not healthy. maybe some poeple did

2minkey

bootlicker
the real problem is that there's lots of things out there that are horrible for you that no reasonable person would anticipate.

big food companies make decisions based on what is cheap, not what is good. good food is not cheap.

2minkey

bootlicker
yes, it is true, and as far as definition, well, i knows it when i sees it, at least we know what it ain't.

Winky

Good food doesn’t require a Smart Choices label.
You'd never find a Smart Choices label on good food anyway.
Simply put, people who'd need such a thing don't deserve to eat good food.

2minkey

bootlicker
Don't y'all have the calorie/fat/salt/otherstuff info on the food?

yeah most of that stuff doesn't really tell you much about the food other than for purposes of weight management in an immediate context.

it's other more obscure stuff that gits you. for instance, what about transfats? oh no those are bad now. what to replace with? how about interesterified oils? those must be good for you. food companies think they are good. and hey, it also happens to be a cheap way of making food that won't spoil!

oh, wait, real food spoils.

but i do love all my oils to be bleached. ummm, bleach.

catocom

I just made scratch biscuits from ingredients that are about 6 months old.
They are good.
Time to re-up though.

I made soup beans last night...about the same time frame...

BeardofPants

yeah most of that stuff doesn't really tell you much about the food other than for purposes of weight management in an immediate context.

it's other more obscure stuff that gits you. for instance, what about transfats? oh no those are bad now. what to replace with? how about interesterified oils? those must be good for you. food companies think they are good. and hey, it also happens to be a cheap way of making food that won't spoil!

oh, wait, real food spoils.

but i do love all my oils to be bleached. ummm, bleach.

Hmm. Ours tells us the whole gamut (incl. trans fat vs non break-down).

2minkey

bootlicker
but does it tell you if the oils have been bleached?

stuff that's more obscure than this?...

nutrition-label224.jpg