fury

ris

It's just the whole thing about people getting even slightly offended by some stupid shit that just doesn't matter.

no offense scanty but you are the most het up about this, which at the end of the day is some equally stupid shit.

So far no one has offered an explanation of why using capitals is so bad.

simply put it would be nettiquette. it is an accepted part of net chatrooms that all caps is recognised as shouting. i have been on a number of sites where new members use all caps and have been asked politely to stop. it is a common practice when it occurs to ask them to stop shouting.

freako104

samcurry said:
Trust me we get PM's daily or post daily about changes members would like to see on the site. so far i thought we had been doing a great job

i said it in my PM to you i hope you wont be mad to have me requote it: you are doing a great job as you said.considering some of the shit if not all and yet you still do it. some would quit after all the shit.
AlladinSane said:
Excuse me if you think I'm not leting this thing die, but I want to add my personal opinion into this. The statement above is absolutely true as everyone that has a bit of a notion can confirm. There is some time now that I wanted to say that the staff's efforts(specially from fury) are not being given the due credit. By that I don't mean only saying: "fury you da man", but really giving the big positive aspects more credit than the little negative ones.

that was why there were thank you threads(sorry to mention them Q hope i havent offended you or anyone for that matter) but they were ruined unfortuantly. sad though it is they were.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
As it was said earlier in this thread, typing in all caps is considered shouting. 24/7 shouting is annoying, not to mention hard to read. Do you think you would be allowed to go merrily on your way if you constantly yelled and insulted the administration of every business you went to? Say, for instance, you walk into Moe's and order up a few drinks. :beerbang: If all you do is scream and yell out, "MOE EATS TURDS. I HATE THIS PLACE", do you think you'd stay there for very long? No. They'd kick you out quicker than you can say "Ow", after you paid for your beer(s).

But whoreable is still here, just in timeout, as any child would be for misbehaving, and it's not because of the caps, it's because of the repeated insults to the people who run this site.

In short, posts in all caps were just a small bit of the garbage that built up on this site. It needed to be cleaned up, so I whipped out my caps killer. If it were not whoreable, it would've been somebody else that set off the course of action to kill the caps, so in the end it was going to happen anyway. :beerbang:

Professur

Q q Q q Q qq QQ qqq QQQ q QQQQQQQ qqqqqqq QQQ qqq QQQ qqq QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

QQQ qqq QQQQQ qqq QQQ qqqqq QQQ qqq QQQ qq QQQQQQQQQQQQQ qqq QQ