Gay Penguins & their desire to be parents

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'm surprised it took this long to get this info out. Just about every envirowhacko, hunter or hiker knows about queer deer & friends.

Love That Dare Not Squeak Its Name
By DINITIA SMITH February 7, 2004

oy and Silo, two chinstrap penguins at the Central Park Zoo in Manhattan, are completely devoted to each other. For nearly six years now, they have been inseparable. They exhibit what in penguin parlance is called "ecstatic behavior": that is, they entwine their necks, they vocalize to each other, they have sex. Silo and Roy are, to anthropomorphize a bit, gay penguins. When offered female companionship, they have adamantly refused it. And the females aren't interested in them, either.

At one time, the two seemed so desperate to incubate an egg together that they put a rock in their nest and sat on it, keeping it warm in the folds of their abdomens, said their chief keeper, Rob Gramzay. Finally, he gave them a fertile egg that needed care to hatch. Things went perfectly. Roy and Silo sat on it for the typical 34 days until a chick, Tango, was born. For the next two and a half months they raised Tango, keeping her warm and feeding her food from their beaks until she could go out into the world on her own. Mr. Gramzay is full of praise for them.

"They did a great job," he said. He was standing inside the glassed-in penguin exhibit, where Roy and Silo had just finished lunch. Penguins usually like a swim after they eat, and Silo was in the water. Roy had finished his dip and was up on the beach.

Another liberal bastion

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Anyone for a thresome? :devious:

614529.jpg

Cheese

Professur said:
They're in a zoo. Captivity causes animals to exhibit strange behavior.

I'm really hoping that's the reason, because if it isn't, I'll be finding it hard to cope with the fact that penguins CAN be so very....profound in emotions :alienhuh:

Thulsa Doom

Quick! Lets make a constitutional amendment stripping funding from zoos that allow this kind of ungodly filth to happen! and right in front of our children too! The bible clearly states thou shalt not take your butt buddy to your nest lest yee be plucked to death!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
TD said:
lest yee be plucked to death!

Ahhh, shit. I can't find that part. Do me a favor & scan it & put it up here, will ya. I like the addition.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Thulsa Doom said:
Quick! Lets make a constitutional amendment stripping funding from zoos that allow this kind of ungodly filth to happen! and right in front of our children too! The bible clearly states thou shalt not take your butt buddy to your nest lest yee be plucked to death!

Dude...You have a serious habit of over-reacting, don't you. Is there something you wish to tell us?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
freako104 said:
you ddint find his post funny?

Laughable, yes...funny, no. Most of his posts are over-the-top when dealing with gay-themed issues. I think he's letting too much emotion guide his typing. :shrug: just my opinion, though...

freako104

gotcha. I thought it was funny that is why I asked. since it was done with sarcasm as well as he does this in other threads not just homosexual ones

BeardofPants

Thulsa Doom said:
yes. I admit it. Im a penguin. But im not ashamed!!!!

You know, this explains a lot. Like why there were feathers down your pants. I didn't want to say anything at the time..... :lloyd: