GM auditors raise doubt on viability

chcr

Too cute for words
Oh goody. :blank:

DETROIT (Reuters) - General Motors Corp on Thursday said its auditors had raised "substantial doubt" about its ability to survive outside bankruptcy if it fails to stem its losses and stop burning cash.

2minkey

bootlicker
GM deserves to die. they've pretty much been a lame-ass holding company from the get-go.

chrysler should have never been propped up by the government to be saved by that abomination, the K car. no loss there if it goes away.

ford should survive.

catocom

GM deserves to die. they've pretty much been a lame-ass holding company from the get-go.

chrysler should have never been propped up by the government to be saved by that abomination, the K car. no loss there if it goes away.

ford should survive.
may be for my bro.
It's been impossible to find a trans for his '86 caravan so far.
That might make it impossible, if it isn't already.

Could be a whole new market opening up though, if anybody with money jumps on it.

chcr

Too cute for words
While it's really hard to disagree with that, if GM goes tits up it won't be a recession anymore.
maybe barack hussein obama will buy it all and share it with his wacky muslim brethren!!!!
Hey!!! You forgot to praise his holy name, mister!

may be for my bro.
It's been impossible to find a trans for his '86 caravan so far.
That might make it impossible, if it isn't already.

Could be a whole new market opening up though, if anybody with money jumps on it.
Might not be long before you'll be able to grab a new Caravan for what the transmission would cost right now. ;)

catocom

Might not be long before you'll be able to grab a new Caravan for what the transmission would cost right now. ;)

I don't need it, and by that time his money will be long gone...again.
guess who will make the loan then.:bitchslap

catocom

with all the PC BS, ....
I thought the word "Bankruptcy" wasn't supposed to be a bad word anymore.

seems pc only should apply if it fits an agenda.

2minkey

bootlicker
i don't think this has anything to do with PC, but thanks for playing. perhaps we should mention "the liberal media" while we're at it.

Professur

it's management that forged those deal with the UAW. just make sure you blame both sets of idiots.

Are you sure that all those laws preventing any type of union busting didn't have something to do with it? I'm pretty sure GM didn't particularly want to be paying assembly line workers $50K a year plus benefits.

catocom

i don't think this has anything to do with PC, but thanks for playing. perhaps we should mention "the liberal media" while we're at it.

no, there some cons in the mix.

IMO a good structured bankruptcy, is way better than the crap they are doing to us now.

We had a system, but the gov. is tearing it apart because of greed, corruption.
I don't opposed a bridge for that, but it's too late now. The money's being burnt.

2minkey

bootlicker
Are you sure that all those laws preventing any type of union busting didn't have something to do with it? I'm pretty sure GM didn't particularly want to be paying assembly line workers $50K a year plus benefits.

if you're really interested, well, there's plenty of information out there about the history of collective bargaining. pay particular attention to the deal that was struck after WWII. best of luck.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

When the management folded like a shirt in the 90's it was because the economy was never gonna slow down. They didn't even bargain. They deserve to die.

Chrysler & Dodge are the only company making decent looking cars. Too bad they can't stay alive.