Gonz? SnP? Maj? TRL?

tonksy

I made chili today....but I think I confused the bag of serrano flakes for the bag of habanero flakes and...well...it's a tad too hot.
How do I cut the heat just a bit? I plan on making rice but I think I might need to tweak it a bit.

tonksy

Prof? A serrano is a pepper and you can dry it and flake it...much like those red pepper shakers at the pizza place.
I think the milk is for drinking with the meal instead of mixing in. I know that sour cream can be added at serving time but that's not really our favorite flavor.

Professur

Sorry, but I thought one of the chili experts would have given the correct answer by now. Meat. Another half pound of ground round (say that three times fast) will take it down. With the associated tomatos and beans to match.

Call it leftovers.

tonksy

Prof? Ground round? Not in my chili...there is a 3 lb chuck roast in that pot....and I suppose it is my fault that the zippy bags weren't labeled. I was drinking the day I received them as a gift (World cup party) and I forgot to do it.
AB? I, personally, will eat it and love it. I was concerned for the other folks involved.

tonksy

It tastes great! Nice and smoky sweet with chocolate-y undertones...and a heck of a kick at the end.

A.B.Normal

tonksy said:
AB? I, personally, will eat it and love it. I was concerned for the other folks involved.

Prof was waiting for a response from the "experts",I was pointing out that an expert wouldn't know how to cut the "heat" because they've never considered it. And since you needed to ask,I think I've proved my point about an "expert" not knowing how to cut the "heat". :winkkiss:

tonksy

A.B.Normal said:
Prof was waiting for a response from the "experts",I was pointing out that an expert wouldn't know how to cut the "heat" because they've never considered it. And since you needed to ask,I think I've proved my point about an "expert" not knowing how to cut the "heat". :winkkiss:
:D

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
What time we havin' dinner? I love me some hot chili.

Just because SOME folks think peanut butter is too spicy doesn't mean anything.

To cut the intensity, if you've already cooked it I don't think there is much you can do. Maybe put it in two separate bowls/pots/whatever, and water one down some. Then add more beans and t'maters and such and still warn the tenderfoots.

About the only thing I know of to cut heat while eating is bread, so maybe supply a skillet or two of cornbread. Goes great with chili. Hell, some of us would eat cornbread with lobster. Maybe try crumbling a little cornbread into the chili and let it absorb some of the heat. I dunno, I never tried to tame mine down. It was always Eat it or not, but be warned...this'll clear your sinuses from across the street.

*SnP volunteers to bring his own spoon even...

Professur

A.B.Normal said:

You do know that many arsonists are firemen, doncha?

Professur

SouthernN'Proud said:
What time we havin' dinner? I love me some hot chili.

Just because SOME folks think peanut butter is too spicy doesn't mean anything.

To cut the intensity, if you've already cooked it I don't think there is much you can do. Maybe put it in two separate bowls/pots/whatever, and water one down some. Then add more beans and t'maters and such and still warn the tenderfoots.

About the only thing I know of to cut heat while eating is bread, so maybe supply a skillet or two of cornbread. Goes great with chili. Hell, some of us would eat cornbread with lobster. Maybe try crumbling a little cornbread into the chili and let it absorb some of the heat. I dunno, I never tried to tame mine down. It was always Eat it or not, but be warned...this'll clear your sinuses from across the street.

*SnP volunteers to bring his own spoon even...

You do realize that she's feeding this to small children, doncha?