Gonz? SnP? Maj? TRL?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Even better. Break 'em in. Teach a child in the way he should go, and he shall not depart from it. Plus, it saves on constipation meds.

tonksy

I just had a small test bowl. It's damn yummy...but I'll be making chicken soup for the young ones.
I think that a little rice or bread will be all Rob and I need.
BTW, I went back and double checked the pepper flakes, I did not add habanero by mistake so the blame can be laid squarely on this years jalapeno crop. I put 3 cleaned peppers (meaning no seeds or no white membranes) and that was enough to heat up the whole pot.
We've had uber spicy jalapenos this year...and in copious amounts, too I might add. I planted 2 plants and I know we've had at least 30 peppers off of them.

Professur

tonksy said:
I just had a small test bowl. It's damn yummy...but I'll be making chicken soup for the young ones.
I think that a little rice or bread will be all Rob and I need.
BTW, I went back and double checked the pepper flakes, I did not add habanero by mistake so the blame can be laid squarely on this years jalapeno crop. I put 3 cleaned peppers (meaning no seeds or no white membranes) and that was enough to heat up the whole pot.
We've had uber spicy jalapenos this year...and in copious amounts, too I might add. I planted 2 plants and I know we've had at least 30 peppers off of them.

Now if you could just hybrid the kudzu and jalapenos ......

tonksy

Funny you should mention that...I was watching Alton Brown and he was talking about how kudzu is eating the south and now we are starting to turn the tables and the south will be eating the kudzu. He says that it can be treated like spinach in most recipes and is even good raw in salads. For this, though, he recommends using the new pale green leaves as they are more tender.
I am contemplating trying it.

majestyx

Tonks, I've never had that problem. It's either eat it as it is or go without. But, then I usually slowly add the 'heat' untill it tastes just right.

But, I do know that you can use a peeled raw potato to help with something you've gotten too salty, so maybe that would work with your chili.

tonksy

Thanks, Maj. I had heard that about potatoes...but I'm fresh out. We'll be okay though...I'll just serve Maalox for dessert :D

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
tonksy said:
Funny you should mention that...I was watching Alton Brown and he was talking about how kudzu is eating the south and now we are starting to turn the tables and the south will be eating the kudzu. He says that it can be treated like spinach in most recipes and is even good raw in salads. For this, though, he recommends using the new pale green leaves as they are more tender.
I am contemplating trying it.

I've heard it's quite tasty. I know one place serves it prepared like poke salat (hope yer familiar with that one), crisped in bacon fat and then spiced a little and tossed with other veggies. I haven't worked up the nerve yet...afraid it'll commence to growing around the works I guess.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SouthernN'Proud said:
I've heard it's quite tasty. I know one place serves it prepared like poke salat (hope yer familiar with that one), crisped in bacon fat and then spiced a little and tossed with other veggies. I haven't worked up the nerve yet...afraid it'll commence to growing around the works I guess.

Poke salat? I haven't had that in ages...since I was, what...12? And guess what? Yankees eat it, too. ;) :p

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Professur said:
:shrug: what's the point of a meal you can't taste until it hits your asshole?

I've always heard some reference to this & have yet to see it happen. Peppers are some of the best digestive systems helpers around.