Gonz's imagination

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah okay i started reading it... sounds dumb...

WTF is a "reasonable profit?"

and then i got to this:

According to the bill, a windfall tax of 50 percent would be applied when the sale of oil or gas leads to a profit of between 100 percent and 102 percent of a reasonable profit. The windfall tax would jump to 75 percent when the profit is between 102 and 105 percent of a reasonable profit, and above that, the windfall tax would be 100 percent.

what a bunch of arbitrary shit. and these fuckwads sponsoring it... have they never had a job before? maybe a paper route? no doesn't sound like it.

so just to make you happy, i will send off some notes to my representatives.

hmmm.... looks like marcia fudge supports it. just gonna paste this in plain text...

http://fudge.house.gov/

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It makes no difference what "reasonable profit" is, today.

Once the law is enacted, all it takes is an act from Congress to lower it. Or change the parameters. Remember, social security would never be higher than 1% of the first (x) dollars you made & it would go into a trust.

2minkey

bootlicker
it would take a long time and tons of bickering to arrive at "reasonable" in the first place. and the administration of the law would be a big time and energy suck. regardless of whether you think the government should be involved in anything, this is an operational loser.

Winky

1325617253-ninaturner116.jpg