Great dinner

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Grilled Salmon and Red Onion Salad with Chunky Avocado Dressing
The tender cumin-coated salmon and crisp onion rings take about the same amount of time to grill, and they complement each other nicely in this entree salad.
Serve with cornbread.
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons minced chili pepper
3 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro (may substitute parsley)
2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced small
2 Roma tomatoes, cored and diced small
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
4 salmon fillets, 6 ounces each
2 red onions, the size of baseballs, peeled and cut into 1/2 -inch- thick rings
3 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 head romaine lettuce, tough outer leaves removed, inner leaves washed, dried and torn or cut in thirds
In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili pepper and cilantro and whisk together.
Add the avocados and tomatoes and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
When ready to cook, prepare the grill. If using a gas grill, preheat the grill to medium-high, depending on your grill.
If using a charcoal grill, start the charcoal or wood briquettes. When the briquettes are ready, distribute them evenly under the cooking area for direct heat.
Lightly brush the salmon and onion rings with the vegetable oil. Sprinkle both with salt and pepper to taste. Rub the cumin into both sides of the salmon. Oil the grate with non-stick spray oil. Grill the onions and salmon over a medium-hot fire until the onions are well browned and the salmon is warm throughout, about 5 to 6 minutes per side for each one.
Place the romaine in a large bowl. Stir the dressing well and add just enough to the lettuce to moisten it. Toss to coat. Place some of the lettuce on individual plates, top with a piece of salmon and some onion rings and spoon the remaining dressing on top. Serve at once. Makes 4 servings as an entree.
– Recipe adapted from “Lettuce in Your Kitchen,” by Chris Schlesinger and John Willoughby (William Morris and Co., 1996)

had it tonight. It was delicious.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
She prepared it, I grilled it. We grill year round...when it's exceptionally crappy it goes in the garage. (about 28 at cook time)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
the onion is essential...eating it is great but cooking with it is essential

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Gonz said:
the onion is essential...eating it is great but cooking with it is essential
Ok, I can cook with it but I can not bite into Onion...something I've never been able to do...if I make this I'll cook with the onion and then let whoever I'm eatting with eat it all :)

Winky

28?
a nice balmy day huh?

hot.JPG

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Yea...here, or in Atlanta, you'd NEVER EVER see Temp 81...feels like 79. It would be Temp 81...feels like 84 or 86 or 90