Green Tea

alex

This morning I decided to try a cup of green tea instead of my regular large cup of coffee. Weird thing is, about half way thru the cup, I felt really nauseous. There was a couple of times I had to take a deep breath cause I thought I was gonna throw up. How weird.

tonksy

Did you make it too strong? Green tea is a bit fickle and one of the only teas that really really needs to be decanted after brewing. I like it myself.

alex

Well, I put four bags in the coffee maker and made it like ....coffee. Is that bad?

tonksy

No, actually....but this only applies for green tea and tea meant for ice tea.
***EDIT*** But didn't it taste like coffee?

abooja

alex said:
...about half way thru the cup, I felt really nauseous. There was a couple of times I had to take a deep breath cause I thought I was gonna throw up.
Sounds about right. :sick3:

alex

Not really. I keep the coffee maker clean. It's a 4 cup pot so it wasn't real strong.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I don't like tea myself but my mom is rather fond of green tea. She doesn't so much like the plain ones but she likes the one with honey or stuff in them.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I feel nauseous when I drink it too. Either I'm also making it wrong or that's what we get for drinking green tea.

alex

Maybe it's the detoxifying qualities taking effect. God knows there's enough in me to make a horse puke.

simplyred

I recently started taking green tea capsules hoping for more energy. I too have felt queasy. I thought I was getting hit with the tummy flu my daughter had...maybe its the pills...interesting thought. I didn't know green tea did that!

tonksy

As with any antioxidant, the stronger the symptoms the more you need it. I like to drink pomegranate juice for an antioxidant kick. It doesn't make me nauseous....but it does have other um...reactions. But it also makes me feel good.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
simplyred said:
I recently started taking green tea capsules hoping for more energy. I too have felt queasy. I thought I was getting hit with the tummy flu my daughter had...maybe its the pills...interesting thought. I didn't know green tea did that!
I take
Essential Fatty Acid supplements for that

Benefits are supposed to include according to this link and what's reported in reasearch I've studied (and I have found that yes, they do)

1. Improved sleep, lower stress levels.
2. Increased rate of fat loss (up to 14% increase in fat oxidisation), improved muscle mass while dieting.

3. Elevated energy levels, improved strength, speedier recovery, greater sex drive.

4. Improved reflexes.

5. Healthier looking skin, hair, nails, and eyes

I found out about them as it's supposed to (and seems to have) have a direct effect on dys/apraxia, which is a condition one of my sons has. It also anecdotally has an effect on attention/brain power (fish=brain food, right? ), and I've found that to be the cases with myself and my children.

Also, my hair is GREAT!!!

[/one woman walking advertisement]

*edit* this article talked about taking it by spoon or over food. The supplements are readily available everywhere in pill form, which is SO way less disgusting.

abooja

BodyActive-Online.co.uk said:
Never use EFA's, olive oil, flax oil etc for cooking with. If you want to fry foods it is a healthier option to use saturated fats, such as butter.
How can this possibly be true? :alienhuh:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
probably vitamin extraction by the body wise...we'll just disregard the artery clogging part :alienhuh:

simplyred

Leslie said:
I take
Essential Fatty Acid supplements for that

Benefits are supposed to include according to this link and what's reported in reasearch I've studied (and I have found that yes, they do)

1. Improved sleep, lower stress levels.
2. Increased rate of fat loss (up to 14% increase in fat oxidisation), improved muscle mass while dieting.

3. Elevated energy levels, improved strength, speedier recovery, greater sex drive.

4. Improved reflexes.

5. Healthier looking skin, hair, nails, and eyes

I found out about them as it's supposed to (and seems to have) have a direct effect on dys/apraxia, which is a condition one of my sons has. It also anecdotally has an effect on attention/brain power (fish=brain food, right? ), and I've found that to be the cases with myself and my children.

Also, my hair is GREAT!!!

[/one woman walking advertisement]

*edit* this article talked about taking it by spoon or over food. The supplements are readily available everywhere in pill form, which is SO way less disgusting.

HEY THANKS!

simplyred

I can't afford to keep up the color on my hair now! (I refuse to be as gray as I am before 30!) I could do NOTHING and my hair just GROWS!!! Skin on the other hand....I'd do anything for pretty skin. :D