Guns N' Roses

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
According to Axl Rose the new disc (Chinese democracy) will be released before the end of the year. The band (i.e. Axl Rose and his new musicians) is already on tour.

We'll see.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Chinese Democracy will have now been officially released about 600 times. A band that was once truly interesting is now broken & what interest there was has gone from musical to car wreck.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
:wstupid:

Blame the lawyers and Axl himself. Interesting how none of the offshoot/side projects ever really caught on, huh? I guess the whole really was better than the sum of its parts.

chcr

Too cute for words
Call me young but I am interested ;)

Ps. congrats on 14k

Heh... I didn't even notice.
Re GNR, it's not an age thing. I always thought they were trying to rehash the Stones thing. Only Aerosmith did that successfully. Just another in a long line of wanna-bees. No better or worse than any of the rest.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Considering I was a teenager when they were "big" I'm really fond of their music. I fail to see how they are a rehash of the Rolling Stones. I sure as hell like a lot their music and I'm sure they would have made history if they hadn't split.

chcr

Too cute for words
First, if we all liked the same music, would it end up being Lawrence Welk? ;)

Second, they were doomed to break up from the beginning. Axl's an ass and everybody else in the band knew it.

spike

I heard a review of one of their tour dates and they said Axl was lip synching the whole thing.

Can't vouch for that.

:shrug:

rrfield

A college professor of mine (music theory) had an intersting Axl Rose story....he ran into Mr. Rose at some fun raising event, they struck up a conversation and of course they have Indiana in common, with my prof being from Greencastle and teaching in Bloomington at IU and Axl being from the Lafayette area.

Axl sez "You know who I hate? John fucking Mellencamp. Everyone calls him the fuckin' 'Hoosier Rocker'. IM A HOOSIER ROCKER TOO. I'm more of a goddamn Hoosier Rocker than Mellencamp will ever be. Fuck John Mellencamp."

Axl is angry.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I agree with Axls sentiment but his ego need a bitchslap. He is not GnR. He was part of a group. Damn near all musicians who strike out on their own after being identified with a group are substandard, in relation to their previous identity. After regrouping, the magic is usually lost & the former group is now just another noisemaker in a collection of noisemakers.

2minkey

bootlicker
maynard of tool/perfect circle might represent the occasional exception.

or they just become whores (steve vai in shitsnack, er, whitesnake, vivian campbell in def limpard)...

i've always disliked GNR but its an aesthetic thing. can't stand aerosmith or the stones either. sort of in the 'crap rock' genre for me. talent, yes, but cheesier than any movie with carl weathers to me.

and, really, can anything good come from indiana?

K62

Ohh no.

Axl is a dick. None the less, Guns n' Roses is one of my favourite groups ever. He's comming to Halifax in Nov. If I am not at sea at the time... you can count on it that I will be there.

I had the chance to hear a bit of the new album... Nothing amazing IMO... The only song I really liked was Madagascar.

Oh yes, I just got back after 2 weeks in New Hampshire living with a friend at a college. We saw Def Leppard, Journey... Motley Crue, and Aerosmith.

I would have to say that Journey put on the best show out of the lot.