"Guy shows" vs. "Girl Shows"

greenfreak

Was listening to the radio and they were talking about shows that are so blatantly "girl shows" on tv that most guys wouldn't watch... Who they're geared towards, etc.

Guys don't have a lot of tv geared towards them, do they? There's been more of an effort lately than ever... What shows do you watch that the opposite sex probably wouldn't?

I watch Sex and the City on HBO every Sunday and I don't know any guys who watch that. Besides Rusty, of course. But I forced him to watch in the beginning and it grew on him. Besides, there's usually some gratuitous nudity and sex scenes every week. What's not to like? ;)

IDLEchild

Every time you see a busty female with little to no clothes on...that show was geared for the men who drool at the sight of such pre-fabricated beauty. I'd say most of the TV was geared towards couples.....sitcoms and such but a lot of TV is geared towards males...the only difference being it wasn't amaglamated on one channel like it is for women i.e Lifetime channel and it's many and equally boring counterparts. TNN is making a attempt at "Spike" TV , a channel aimed for men with shows that are no more than 5 years in intlligence and execution..shows that i'll gladly watch to kill time and brain cells.

kuulani

Re:

The shows I watch that my hubby won't are Trading Spaces, A Baby Story, and basically any of those things on TLC. I also keep missing Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, I heard its funny.

What I won't watch with my hubby is anything Star Trek.

greenfreak

omfg, Queer Eye was awesome. I laughed through the whole thing. But then again, I love sarcastic flaming gay men. :D

They replay it on Saturday night at 7pm or 8pm I think. That's a better time than 10pm on a Tuesday.

Camelyn

You would be surprised, methinks, at exactly who watches what. My X boyfriend (uber-male, body-builder type) would happily sit back to watch a Trading Spaces marathon. For myself, I will watch anything remotely Sci Fi, and anything with large explosions with perhaps some mayhem and bloodshed as an appetizer. Barring that, I can get by with at the very least, intellectual stimulation. You could not pay me to watch a sitcom, reality TV show or sappy chick drama. Nuh-uh, no-how.

CydCharisse

I hate TV because I think everything on it is pure shit. The only show I occasionally watch is Sex and the City :whip:

freako104

TNN is now trying to be the man channel and theres the man show but there isnt too many guy shows that ive seen.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Re:

whoreable said:
Sitcoms suck ass 90% of the time. I hate tv cause all my favorite shows have been canceled.

Yeah, Hogan's Heroes kicked ass, didn't it?

rrfield

Best show on TV is the Sopranos. I watch it every week with a group of friends, both guys and girls.

rrfield

Aunty Em

Erm... I can't stand sitcoms, soaps, talkshows, gameshows or "reality" TV... well that ruled out about 90% of what's on. Soppy films are a no-no too. I prefer Sci-fi, action films, documentaries, the news and some sports... Hm, looks like I follow the "Guy" pattern.