H.R.347

2minkey

bootlicker
right. as if either of you have anything of substance to protest or pursue that cannot be equally well-represented through legal public demonstration. maybe you should try sneaking into an ICBM silo while you are at it.

what's the point anyway? one of you would just babble nonsense about various cockamamie conspiracies and the other would simply be demonstrating how conformity begins in diapers.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Legal public demonstration? Good god man, a US citizen at a US monument may now not speak out against his President? You might want to investigate the Presidency of Woodrow Wilson. You might like him.

‘‘(B) of a building or grounds where the President or
other person protected by the Secret Service is or will
be temporarily visiting; or
‘‘(C) of a building or grounds so restricted in conjunc-tion with an event designated as a special event of national
significance;

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Reconcile that

2minkey

bootlicker
this bill seems like it is most concerned with better defining public nuisances. my opinion may be biased in that i have a *cousin* in the secret service, but, it does not seem like it is going to do anything against rational discourse - and corresponding legal action - of dissent. i tend to prefer discourse over pipe bombs. you may differ. so, unless your house has a dirt floor, rejoice, fair minion. [tempted to post a retard icon, but i'm not sure if it would refer to you... or me...]

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
it does not seem like it is going to do anything against rational discourse

Like all laws of ill repute, they never look bad...on the surface. It's not what it's intended to do, it's what it allows to happen.

2minkey

bootlicker
ah, so it is not only gotholic who has secret knowledge, then...

well if this does keep the "occupy" folks from camping out on the white house lawn and creating a nuisance, i can see why you're upset. don't wanna see your brothers in arms attenuated, do ya?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I don't want the government having the power to arrest someone for pursuing their 1st amendment rights

2minkey

bootlicker
okay. i want to 'pursue' my first amendment rights. on the deck of an aircraft carrier. how do you think that will go for me?