Hallowe'en candy - favs and peeves

MrBishop

I gotta get me some Reeces Peanut butter cups from the kids' bags this year..lucklily for me, my kids aren't fond of peanut butter. They have to be my fav picks for best Hallowe'en candy.

My most hated when I was a kid was sour-balls and jawbreakers.

So..what's yours?

Dave

They're not fond of peanut butter? Whats wrong with them?

Reese's are my favorite too.

Never was a fan of chewy/sticky candy like tootsie rolls or Charleston chews.

BeardofPants

I tried a tootsie roll when I was over there recently. BLEH. :blank:

I'm not a fan of reeses or peanut butter M & Ms either. Too rich.

My favourite lollies used to be "Snifters", but they don't make 'em no more. :( They had a mint outter shell, a dark chocolate middle, and mint nougat in the centre. My current favourite would either have to be licorice (incl. allsorts) or malt toffees.

My least favourite has been, and always will be jube-type lollies. I don't like that sugar-y gelatine thing.

valkyrie

Dark chocolate and licorice. Dark and black... like my heart.
Dark chocolate with mint is excellent.

When I was a kid I picked out all the licorice jelly beans and ate them all. I don't even think they put licorice jelly beans in the bags anymore. :( How sad.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Dark chocolate and licorice. Dark and black... like my heart.
Dark chocolate with mint is excellent.

When I was a kid I picked out all the licorice jelly beans and ate them all. I don't even think they put licorice jelly beans in the bags anymore. :( How sad.

What? What kind of sad place do you live in that there are no licorice jelly beans in bags of jelly beans anymore?! Around here there mostly definitely are still black jelly beans, my family and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Mind you, you have to buy a normal bag of jelly beans. Jelly bellies, speciality holiday coloured jelly beans and the like are probably going to leave you disappointed. They do exist though.

valkyrie

The last time I searched the store for jelly beans they had all colors but no black. I wept openly in the store for the loss of the licorice jelly beans and for the open wound that appeared where my beating, vibrant heart once was. I am now only an empty shell of my former self, the licorice joy of my life gone forever, walking this grey, desolate, cold world without black jelly beans.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
It's so sad...there's actually a market in Ontario where you can buy bags of Jelly Beans that are ALL BLACK. My aunt sent me some in the mail once :D

2minkey

bootlicker
i just had a kid reach right into the bowl, drop a reece's cup, and grab some skittles. that kid knew the score. :D

Winky

Very low turn out this year.
I'm left with a big bag of Kit-Kat/Reeses peanut butter cups.