he did it!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
:clap: YAY!!!

It's about time! :D I've been feeling sorry for him since he started this, I really thought he'd never do it. :laugh:

ris

soccer threads now slowly slipping into the otc ether, feel free to come back :)

i'm also doing a bit of tennis now, but no-one seems interested :( :p

ris

yeah, we;ve cleared most of the football stuff away now, until england's games for euro 2004 :cool:

be warned, the post-final party food is getting a bit stale now :sick: ;)

greenfreak

Rusty and I are going away to a Bed & Breakfast package weekend for my birthday and we're going to take a hot balloon ride at sunset. I can't wait! :headbang:

Has anyone ever been in a hot air balloon? I'm kinda scared and excited at the same time, like standing on line for a roller coaster.

He cheated. The Earth is over 25,000 miles and he only flew 19,xxx. Six tries. Basket full of modern equipment. It will never touch this:

Early in 1927, Charles A. Lindbergh competed for the prize for the first flight between New York and Paris. He placed an order with Ryan for an aircraft capable of the flight. The aircraft required a large fuel tank between engine and pilot that eliminated all forward visibility. On the rainy morning of May 20, 1927, Lindbergh took off, from Roosevelt Field, heading for Paris. After flying 3610 miles in 33 hours 30 minutes, he landed at LeBourget Airport.

Here are the instruments Mr Lindbergh used:
439PH1.jpg

While Mr Fossettts feat is interesting, it pales in comparison. :biker:

Specifications:
Wingspan: 46’
Length: 27’5"
Engine: 220 hp Wright J-5C Whirlwind
Top Speed: 130 mph
Weight: 2150 lbs
spirit.jpg