Here we go with Halliburton again

flavio

Banned
Government work granted without competition to a Halliburton Co. subsidiary to fight oil well fires in Iraq could be worth as much as $7 billion over two years, but just a fraction of that has been spent, the Army Corps of Engineers has disclosed.

The deal also allows Halliburton subsidiary KBR, an engineering and construction company, to earn another 7 percent in profit. But as of last week, only $50.3 million had been spent. The $7 billion value was based on a worst-case scenario that hasn't occurred. Coalition forces control all of Iraq's oil wells, and only one fire remains.

More....

ol' man

There are not very many fires in iraq supposedly right now. That may be one reason they dropped it. How much money can they make on like 5 oil wells burning?

Anyway as for contracts? Gore sold his own company, Occidental petroleum, the United States "Elk Hills Naval Oil Reserve"(what a guy) for 3.9 billion in 1997~1999. It was the largest amount of land sold by the government ever apparently. So what if companies the government is chummy with gets certain contracts. Both sides do it so if you are going to bitch you gotta bitch about them all.

the haliburton deal has not been done yet but certainly the naval oil reserve has. I doubt haliburton wants anything to do with it. No matter how much money they could make.

ol' man

According to the link you gave above there is only one fire left? How in the world could they make very much money with there being only one fire? It certainly would not take 2 years:rolleyes:

ris

that was the contract that caused so much furore over here along with the umm qasr deep port contract. the contracts that halliburton didn't get were for a larger chunk of the rebuilding money, for infrastructure and hospitals and the like.

madrin

Haliburton was dropped, though it may be participating in subcontracting capacities...

who knows?...but it was so utterly asinine to suggest that this was a war about oil, or reconstruction..or anything else along those lines that even the left is no longer chanting the party line....

..it's all but over....Hollywood was wrong..the left was wrong....Sidewalk vomiters were wrong...NION was wrong....

there WEREN'T 100,000 Iraqi dead..and there WEREN'T 50,000 US troops killed...and there WASN'T genocide..yeah that's right...genocide like the Not In Our Name signs read.

..and no there WASN'T American Revenge (as predicted by NION signage)) and no there WASN'T Inevitable DOOM for US forces (as Jeaneane Garoffalo predicted)

and they all know it...and I hope they feel the deep personal shame they should ....

...fact , and lets face it,...this IS a fact...NOTHING the protest contingent said would happen has come to pass...and nothing the Hollywood cowards said would happen has come to pass...and in fact, the action was conducted in a manner above and beyond what should have been considered....

...oh I know , someone will quote Ghandi about how the dead will not appreciate the "liberation"

well..the other 25 million people left alive will sure as shit appreciate it...and in the end, that's what matters

I said about 3 weeks ago that in the end , all that was said about the Iraqi regime would be proven true....

it will...

see the reports over the next month or so, leftists...read 'em from the left OR the right....from the American OR the Arabic perspective..you won't be able to argue....

read 'em and weep...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
madrin said:
there WEREN'T 100,000 Iraqi dead..and there WEREN'T 50,000 US troops killed...and there WASN'T genocide..yeah that's right...genocide like the Not In Our Name signs read.

CNN however is responsible for over 2,000,000 dead :mad4:

flavio

Banned
madrin said:
Haliburton was dropped,

The article I posted is from 4/11. Apparently Haliburton is still in the mix.

madrin said:
NOTHING the protest contingent said would happen has come to pass..

Bullshit, much of it has come to pass and I hope and some point all the pro-war people feel deep personal shame about it.

But in the end you're just ranting ....while this thread is about Halliburton yet again getting some shady deals that you would prefer to ignore