Hey, Bish!!!

MrBishop

Yeah, I heard. I was listening until we got to the 2-2 tie in the 2nd period. Then I had a nice supper and movie with my wife. A shame...but I'm told that it was a good game anyway.

Dave

That was a fantastic game.
Fast and hard hitting without being chippy.
Wish regular season NHL games were that good on a regular basis. They should close up shop on some teams and get the talent pool a little deeper.

MrBishop

That's precisely why I watch the Juniors more often than the Pro's. JrWorlds games are head, shoulders and chest above the quality of play of the Pro's.

Dave

They don't show Juniors around here. Can catch some local college games but thats about it.

MrBishop

We pushed over Germany fairly easily (8-2). Next comes Russia...that'll be a toughie. We havnt' beat them in the Olympics since the 60's

MrBishop

Tonight 19h30 Eastern Standard. I'll be listening on the radio until I can get away and log on to see it online.

Dave

oooh

Canada vs Russia
Finland vs Czech Republic
Sweden vs Slovakia

OD on hockey tonight....

MrBishop

Very likely...not that I'm calling Finland or Slovakia push-overs, but.

Women's Finals in a few hours... USA v. Canada.
"Come get some!" :canada:

MrBishop

Twas an excellent game....the ladies on both sides make NHL players look like they're playing in quicksand. The passing game and zone coverage...:)

I particularly like the 4-person defense that team Canada has set up when in their zone. Defender on the posts, wingers near the face off circles and the centre pressuring the players on the blue line. The entire thing shifts when the puck goes to the corners.

Dave

Sounds like a variation of the neutral zone trap.

Rooting for Canada to take apart Slovakia whenever it is they play. I want a US/Canada rematch for the gold. Anything else will be anti-climatic.