HEY SHARKY? You gonna hit it tonight?

Sharky

unclehobart said:
Where in FLA are ye, mr. S? I might have to pay a visit to your sawbones if its that cheap.

Beautiful Washington County! About 40 miles north of Panama City Beach. My doc is in Chipley, where he is one of the chief surgeons at the county hospital. Excellent doctor, former Vietnam War Army Corpsman, one of those good-hearted souls who is not in it for the money.

Thulsa Doom

Sharky said:
I had one removed a few months ago. Didn't feel a thing. It took five stitches. The sawbones only charges me $20 for the office visit, and never bills me for what the insurance doesn't pay (my 20% of the total cost), so I don't know what to tell ya about the cost. Shouldn't be more than $100 or so, but I'm only guessing. :shrug:

shit Ill do it for $10 and a cup of whiskey. Step into my office. Dont mind the dirty clothes. Hang on I got a steak knife around here somewhere...

tonksy

Sharky said:
Beautiful Washington County! About 40 miles north of Panama City Beach. My doc is in Chipley, where he is one of the chief surgeons at the county hospital. Excellent doctor, former Vietnam War Army Corpsman, one of those good-hearted souls who is not in it for the money.
sharky...i've been through there...can i come pitch a tent in the pasture when the weather warms up? been looking for a beautiful place to run away for a few days. :)

Sharky

tonks said:
sharky...i've been through there...can i come pitch a tent in the pasture when the weather warms up? been looking for a beautiful place to run away for a few days. :)

Hehe - I was just passin' through when I stood still long enough to let it all sink in . . . stood there so long roots took hold . . . :cool:

Camelyn

Thulsa Doom said:
shit Ill do it for $10 and a cup of whiskey. Step into my office. Dont mind the dirty clothes. Hang on I got a steak knife around here somewhere...

I'll do it for $5, but you gotta bring your own knife.

tonksy

i already said i'd do it for free...and i'll kiss the booboo afterwards. :p

tonksy
into home surgery

unclehobart

Go back and reread post #33 on through and that your breakfast is well settled before you go further.

Said cyst had only been big for the last 8 years. Its really been there in minute form for the last 16 years.

2 nights ago it came to a head. Last night we went after it. The darn thing was in the center of my back, so Tonks had to do all of the glory.

*gross out warning* *you have been warned*
It was lanced and worked at for about 4 minutes. Tonks was about to give up she said something like 'what the hell?'. She backed off and came back. It had apparently squirted her in the face. She squeezed it again and I suddenly felt a kind of chilly spray all up my neck and arms. I looked up to see that my arms were covered by an ill smelling micro confetti. I was grossed out until she pointed at the wall, painting, and ceiling above the headboard. The wall was covered by said same goo... I mean covered. She immediately covered the area with a towel and continued to work it. Shockingly large amounts of this vile 'minced garlic' looking cheese that smelled like ... well... lets not go into that. 20 minutes of working at it and me squirming with pain later... lots more 'stuff'... I can't believe how much.

Needless to say, we both went for some serious bath soaking and cleansing after that.

I feel better... but battered. Theres still a lump on my back. I don't know if theres more or if its just a sprain-like swelling reaction from the trauma.

ClaireBear

Banned
You should contact the Guiness Book of Records people...

That has to be the world's longest lived boil ever... 16 years! :brush: :D

Like wow! Congrats!

unclehobart

It lived as long as it did because it had somehow tapped into a nearby sweat gland or something which allowed it to weep away fluid and build up strictly with soild matter. yum.

ClaireBear

Banned
unclehobart said:
It would be a sebaceous cyst, not a boil. Boils are outright infections filled with pus that move fast.

Also more openly associated with not washing, teenagers and the plague... where as a "sebaceous cyst"... :D :D :la:

catocom

My dad have one just like that way back about 20 years ago, and it was my aunt
that got it.
They were out in the yard, but I remember having to leave the area because of the smell.

Keep a close eye on it now. His got infected after that and he was down,
and on his stomach for several days.

catocom

It didn't for him. :confused:
He had to go to the doc and get it cut on I think, and cauterize it.
Then follow up with antibiotics.
Of-coarse his immune system was already starting to go downhill even back then.
Now because of his arthritis he doesn't hardly have an immune system defense at all.
(is why he lost his leg to staff infection)

Mare

OMG PPL----what the hell did I walk into when I decided to read this thread...It said something about Sharky--- & no I didnt go back and read #33, but SHESHHHHHHHHHH.

Glad it s gone somewhat and hope it stays away for ya.... :lol2:

Oh gosh-look-the smilies are moved again...lololololol

Professur

Mare said:
OMG PPL----what the hell did I walk into when I decided to read this thread...It said something about Sharky--- & no I didnt go back and read #33, but SHESHHHHHHHHHH.

Glad it s gone somewhat and hope it stays away for ya.... :lol2:

Oh gosh-look-the smilies are moved again...lololololol

You kinda get used to it where Unc's concerned. At least he doesn't post descriptions of bowel movements ....yet. Hey, Unc, we'll need a photo of that gaping chasm to go with the finger pic in the "Rob's bodily damage" hall of fame.