Hmm...taken syndrome

IDLEchild

Anyone else suffering from the chronic disease where you only fall for the members of the opposite gender (or same) which are taken?

They appear to be the most normal, vibrant, engaging and vivacious personalities but they are with someone already.....

Is it the fact that they are taken which fascinates me because it turns it into a challenge or I simply like normal women but they are taken....

I don't know, it happens way too often. It's a nagging thorn in my social side.

Stop Laughing

Then you need to think faster. :p

Seriously, it's the story of my life. My best friend is this girl at work, but she's been taken for a while.

Uki Chick

I agree that it does happen quite often. It's not just you. I've been attracted to many men that I found out after were taken. There's something that attracts us to the ones that are taken.

Professur

Not really. It's just that you're attracted to the same things that everyone else is attracted to. It's nothing to do with them already being taken. Try buying a house some time. Same thing. The house you're not really interested in, noone else is either. But the one you really want is the one you're gonna wind up in a bidding war for.

Ebay's the same, too.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
They appear to be the most normal, vibrant, engaging and vivacious personalities but they are with someone already.....
Sucks but it makes sense.

IDLEchild

Professur said:
Not really. It's just that you're attracted to the same things that everyone else is attracted to. It's nothing to do with them already being taken. Try buying a house some time. Same thing. The house you're not really interested in, noone else is either. But the one you really want is the one you're gonna wind up in a bidding war for.

Ebay's the same, too.

You're right. Even douchebags realize that when they can get a normal woman who is highly attractive they've got to jump on it. Treating them right or not is another story.

Im tired of hearing sad stories about guys being jerks to some, rather, fine, women but thats their sad story not mine.

Mare

Just like the old sayings say:

* All the good ones are taken.....

* You always want what you can't have.....

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I like Profs explanation but there is also a second possibility...

it's easier to be attracted to someone that's taken since it requires little or no work.

IDLEchild

Gonz said:
it's easier to be attracted to someone that's taken since it requires little or no work.

Not really. It's 10 times more work just to get their attention.

I guess it's a challenge that im intrigued by, but it's odd because I avoid challenges.

Mare

Gonz said:
I like Profs explanation but there is also a second possibility...

I beg to differ there-its more work to be with someone who's taken...you spend most of time and effort trying to be with them and hiding what should be aloud if there was no wrong going on!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'm taking a differnt path than that Mare. I'm suggesting the psychological lack of ability to connect or (especially) to commit.

IDLEchild

Gonz said:
I'm taking a differnt path than that Mare. I'm suggesting the psychological lack of ability to connect or (especially) to commit.

Makes sense...

or the good ones are all taken...