Communistrator
Staff member
I would hope not :eek6:

It doesn't matter anyway, this tray is yours. Nanaimo is wasted on children :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
tonksy said:
sound delicious but would they ship well?

Oh, I conveniently placed my return address on the envelope containing the sticker :D

Although...I'm only here til the 22nd :(

tonksy

Nixy said:
Oh, I conveniently placed my return address on the envelope containing the sticker :D

Although...I'm only here til the 22nd :(
still waiting patiently.

BTW, it may be more like new years treats for my foriegn friends...i'm running behind schedule on shipment...but i have all my presents wrapped and under the tree!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
tonksy said:
still waiting patiently.

BTW, it may be more like new years treats for my foriegn friends...i'm running behind schedule on shipment...but i have all my presents wrapped and under the tree!

The ones for home are the most important :)

I sent a card to my mom on the same day...and while Chris has gotten his that was sent at the same time I don't think my mom has gotten hers. I tried to hint without giving it away by being like "So, any mail for me this week?" hoping if she forgot to mention that she got the card FROM me that would jog her memory but no dice...they were sent on Monday and within country is suppose to be 2-3 business days...hopefully next week yours will arrive.

tonksy

A.B.Normal said:
Your kids must be better behaved than I was at that age . :swing:
naw...we just threatened them with santa not coming if they messed with them. ;)

cool beans, nix! :swing:

rob had his first ever pecan pie last night.

PrincessLissa

unclehobart said:
I must be alone in the world in thinking that peanut butter confectionaries are bleh.

I only like them in very small amounts. Otherwise I am not a peanut butter fan at all really.

Inkara1

unclehobart said:
I must be alone in the world in thinking that peanut butter confectionaries are bleh.
Peanut butter by itself is. Peanut butter combined with chocolate, however... *boing*

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
tonksy said:
so how important are the almonda in the crust? because the school does not allow nuts due to allergies.

Strange. We had plenty of nuts in my school. In fact, most of my graduating class...
ba-dum-cha.gif

MrBishop

I don't recall ever eating Nanaimo bars...though I may have and forgotten all about it in the sugar-rush :D

Pecan or sugar-pie Mmmmmmmm

My family's Christmas time snack is Crème Opéra (opera cream...don't ask, it doesn't make sense to me either)

It's a combination of whipping cream and jello, with extra jellatin to thicken it up and canned-mixed fruits suspended in the middle. It's the special treat from my great-Aunt Jocelyn... off of whom I finally got the recipie after close to 15 years of asking. she gave it to me once I introduced her to my son, her great-grand-nephew. :D

DFisherman

Just had a dinner party on Saturday. Had some of my extended family that live in Ontario over and some friends. We were eleven in all and if you saw my apartment (think basement shoebox), that is quite a feat.

Here was the menu:
(N.B.: All items were homemade save the ones listed otherwise and the beer and wine)

Appetizers
========
- Sun-dried tomato and Red pepper relish
- Garlic Crostinis
- Grilled Almonds with cumin and coriander
- Goat cheese Camembert (purchased)

Soup
====
- Potato & Leaks Cream

Main Courses
==========
- Roast Beef in Weizbier
- Irish Stout Beef Stew
- Shrimp in Pernod with Fresh Fennel

Desert
=====
- Almond Short Bread Cookies (purchased)
- Deep-fried Black Cherries
- Vanilla Ice Cream (purchased)

Beer List
=======
BALTIKA: Lager from Russia (St-Petersburg)
BEAMISH: Stout from Ireland (Cork)
BELLE-VUE: Cherry lambic-Ale from Belgium (Brussels)
BLACHE de CHAMBLY: Weizbier from Québec (Chambly)
CREEMORE SPRINGS: Lager from Ontario (Creemore Springs)
CZECHVAR: Lager from the Czech Republic
KARLOVACKO: Lager from Croatia
SLAVUTICH: Lager from Ukraine
STAROPRAMEN: Ale from the Czech Republic (Prague)
SVYTURYS: Dortmunder from Lithuania
ZYWIEC: Lager from Poland

Wine
====
Domaine de L'Agneau-Noire: Cote-du-Rhone (red)

Had a good time and virtually no leftovers.

Cheers,

- DFisherman

MrBishop

Deep-fried black cherries??!? Damn...sounds either decadent or downright disgusting...I can't make up my mind.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
MrBishop said:
Deep-fried black cherries??!? Damn...sounds either decadent or downright disgusting...I can't make up my mind.

I'll take the second choice...:sick:

tonksy

MrBishop said:
I don't recall ever eating Nanaimo bars...though I may have and forgotten all about it in the sugar-rush :D

Pecan or sugar-pie Mmmmmmmm

My family's Christmas time snack is Crème Opéra (opera cream...don't ask, it doesn't make sense to me either)

It's a combination of whipping cream and jello, with extra jellatin to thicken it up and canned-mixed fruits suspended in the middle. It's the special treat from my great-Aunt Jocelyn... off of whom I finally got the recipie after close to 15 years of asking. she gave it to me once I introduced her to my son, her great-grand-nephew. :D
i have a similar salad that is a family favorite, especially with the kids. it goes like this:
2 cans fruit cocktail, drained (i like the kind with extra cherries)
1/2 a thing of cool whip
1/2 a bag of mini marshmallows
mix and chill.