Hot dogs for dinner

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Hamburger Helper. Leftover hamburger helper.

Shaddap.

When the hell did they go & ruin the HH Stroganoff? I used to love that crap. The last couple of times, it's just not the same.

They did the same to Doritos Taco flavor-years ago they were unbeatable, Now they suck

Professur

Dunno. The US and Canuck flavours aren't the same. Last time we were down, we picked up some Lasagna and Beef Noodle boxes, and they were nothing like what we get up here. not bad, but definitely different.

And we don't have any of the 'latino' varieties.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I haven't seen taco flavored Doritos in ten years or more. I loved 'em, but I think I was the only one around who ever bought 'em.

ad anything from a crock-pot ever to that list

We make beef roasts in the crock pot all the time. Quite yummy. Chili too.

Take a pork roast, slow cook that mutha, add the BBQ sauce after you drain the water and shred it up some, let that get warm...good eatin'.

Them little cocktail weiners (similar to kielbasa but way smaller) and some BBQ sauce in a crock pot, then served over rice...damn good.

Professur

We d the cocktail weinies in dry garlic sauce. The kids at all our parties literally live off them.

Oh, there's a head's up recipe request coming up in another thread. I need all y'all southerners family recipes for summat.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Take a pork roast, slow cook that mutha, add the BBQ sauce after you drain the water and shred it up some, let that get warm...good eatin'.

I did that a couple of weeks ago (thank you paula dean from the food network)

Last night was salad with chopped bacon and chicken in it, with raspberry vinegrette, and a nice glass of chlorophyll.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Paula deen is teh bestest. A close second would be Marvin whathisname, used to have a show on Turner South, young black guy what cooked Southron. Man his recipes were incredible!

chcr

Too cute for words
I call that cop-out barbecue. ;) You're right though, it's an adequate substitute if'n you don't have time to smoke the meat all day. It works for ribs too (not quite as good but okay) if you have an oblong cooker.
Them little cocktail weiners (similar to kielbasa but way smaller) and some BBQ sauce in a crock pot, then served over rice...damn good.
No party is complete around here without 'em.

Edit: Last night we made some beef and some cheese and onion enchiladas. Dara makes good enchilada sauce.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I call that cop-out barbecue. ;) You're right though, it's an adequate substitute if'n you don't have time to smoke the meat all day. It works for ribs too (not quite as good but okay) if you have an oblong cooker.

That's why I didn't refer to it as BBQ. Far be it from me to cheapen real Southron BBQ by lumping that in with it.