house hunting

Discussion in 'Love & Lifestyles' started by Professur, Apr 6, 2005.

1. PT

PT Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite

How's that working out for ya? Are you learning recurves, longbows, or just compound stuff?

2. Professur

Professur Well-Known Member

We started with the club's 25-30# recurves. Then I bought the superslam. Now that's working nice. I upped the weight to 56# last week. Nice feel, and 2" groups before I get tired.

3. PT

That's great. Shooting from 20 yards?

4. Professur

18 meters. Without the stabilizer, it's the heaviest bow in the club, with their stabs on. Add the weight of the stab, and there's noone who'll touch it. I need to build up the left shoulder more still. I pass on every second volley, to rest up.

5. Professur

6. Nixy

Nixy Elimi-nistrator Staff Member

7. Professur

8. Nixy

One is rented?? Made an offer yet?

9. Professur

Can't do anything today. The rented one is leased until next summer at $425 a month. That's probably more than my mortgage payment would be.

10. Nixy

I thought that was what it said...but that seemed SO low so I figured I was misreading...

*considers moving to Montreal cause she's paying more than that for half a 2 bedroom apartment*

You'd have your mortgage paid for a year if you got it...maybe longer if the tenants were reasonable people and you decided to renew their lease next year...pretty sweet deal!

11. HomeLAN

HomeLAN New Member

What's wrong with it?

12. Nixy

Pessimist :p

We got the last house we lived in for a hell of a deal just because it was repo'd by the bank and wasn't to pretty (all walls were white and there was brown carpet through the whole place...paint and carpet were brand new though)...and the basement wasn't done...nothing wrong with it outside of asthetics though...sometimes it's just surface work.

13. Professur

14. HomeLAN

HomeLAN New Member

Oh, it may be something fixable. But something's wrong with it, beyond the norm. I'd lay money on that.

15. Professur

Actually, it could be as little as the renters are assholes, but the lease is signed.

16. PT

Oh, I'm sure you could find a way to get them to break the lease. Perhaps archery practice across the backyard?

Looks like you could have a hell of a party in that common driveway...

17. Professur

Hell, all I'd have to do it break out the bagpipe records. Get the entire street for a song.

18. Gonz

Gonz molṑn labé Staff Member

Location, location, location? I bet I could pick up two around my neighborhood for $115k. They're old & people don't flock to the area. These places look like my neighborhood.

19. Professur

I'm still pissed about that house, BTW.

20. Inkara1

Inkara1 Well-Known Member

So did you ever find a new place? Still living in the same trailer?