How 'BOUT them tigers!!!

unclehobart

20070425beefweck.jpg

Inkara1

Well, South florida lost by 3 on the road at Rutgers... guess it's time for them to call in the rest of the season. The Bulls are right back where they were 12 years ago. Now that they have one loss, they're a total and complete non-factor that don't deserve the time of day.

Of course, if they were in the SEC or Big 12 and had fewer quality wins and one loss, to a team worse than Rutgers, they'd still be right in the middle of the national title talk.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Well, South florida lost by 3 on the road at Rutgers... guess it's time for them to call in the rest of the season. The Bulls are right back where they were 12 years ago. Now that they have one loss, they're a total and complete non-factor that don't deserve the time of day.

Of course, if they were in the SEC or Big 12 and had fewer quality wins and one loss, to a team worse than Rutgers, they'd still be right in the middle of the national title talk.

They lost to an unranked team, as did USC. LSU lost to a top 10 or so team, on the road, in 3OT. Apples and onions, Inky.

WVU suffered the same fate as did South Florida when they lost. The Big East is not as tough a conference as is the SEC, Pac 10, Big 10 and Big 12. It happens in basketball too...the ACC is cutthroat while the Big 12 isn't. A loss in the Big 12 hurts more.

You gotta have some manner of measuring stick. I don't see anybody touting Hawaii or Kansas as title contenders. South Florida was a top 10 team without question. They weren't a top 2 team.

chcr

Too cute for words
After Michigan beats Ohio State LSU will be number one again. They are the best team after all.

woodman19_99

well, colts/pats don't play till week 9. I figure the we'll put up 50 on the fins. Jags will be like 34-33. so i figure that gets me close to 85

Inkara1

They lost to an unranked team, as did USC. LSU lost to a top 10 or so team, on the road, in 3OT. Apples and onions, Inky.

Kentucky is a better team to lose to than Rutgers, yes... but how do you explain Oklahoma losing to Colorado and still being No. 5 in the BCS standings? Colorado is definitely not as good a team as Rutgers. Oklahoma owns a home win over Missouri (BCS No. 16) and a neutral site win over Texas (BCS No. 22). South Florida owns a road win over West Virginia (BCS No. 9) and a road win over Auburn (BCS No. 17).

Boston College will probably be No. 2 in the BCS now and the Eagles have wins over no teams in the BCS top 25. Ohio State will probably remain No. 1 in the BCS and the Buckeyes also have no wins over BCS top 25 teams.

In LSU's favor, the Tigers own wins over South Carolina (BCS No. 6), Virginia Tech (BCS No. 11) and Florida (BCS No. 15)

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
BC gets whacked next weekend, Va Tech'll wipe the stadium with them.

Oklahoma is a mystery to me too. The pundits always say that if you're going to lose, do it early. When did OK get their loss? Only thing I can think of to hang it on.

Nixy said:
no thank you, I don't like my meat bleeding.

If beef is cooked past medium rare it's ruined. The sole exception being hamburger. Nothing in this world quite like biting into a nice juicy bit of steak and feeling that squirt of flavor gush out...

chcr said:
After Michigan beats Ohio State LSU will be number one again.

Don't overlook Penn State putting it to them either. One of the two will beat the Fuckeyes. Both would be fine with me since Michigan is out of title contention anyway. If it were possible for Michigan and Ohio State to play one another and both lose that would be ideal. Maybe a double forfeit?

Inkara1

Oklahoma is a mystery to me too. The pundits always say that if you're going to lose, do it early. When did OK get their loss? Only thing I can think of to hang it on.

The past two Saturdays were the wins over Mizzou and Texas. The week before that was the loss to Colorado. Before that they fattened up on the cupcakes in the schedule.