How to Raise Racist Kids

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Step One: Don’t talk about race. Don’t point out skin color. Be “color blind.”

Step Two: Actually, that’s it. There is no Step Two.

Congratulations! Your children are well on their way to believing that <insert your ethnicity here> is better than everybody else.

Here are a few depressing facts:
* Only 8% of white American high-schoolers have a best friend of another race. (For blacks, it’s about 15%.)
* The more diverse a school is, the less likely it is that kids will form cross-race friendships.
* 75% of white parents never or almost never talk about race with their kids.
* A child’s attitudes toward race are much harder to alter after third grade, but a lot of parents wait until then (or later) before they feel it’s “safe” to talk frankly about race.

Full article

catocom

Step One: Don’t talk about race. Don’t point out skin color. Be “color blind.”
Since it’s Black History Month, I thought it would be a good time to talk about race,
:roll2:

Winky

The case has sparked questions about whether the state has
the right to kidnap children due to their parents' beliefs.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
whose children were seized by authorities after she sent her daughter to school with a swastika on her arm

Is there a law that says swastikas are illegal in Canada?

If so, why?

If not, what right does the Canadian government have in kidnapping these children?

Winky

Raise your kids racist so they can have a fighting chance.

It takes a village to raise a child.

MrBishop

Is there a law that says swastikas are illegal in Canada?

If so, why?

If not, what right does the Canadian government have in kidnapping these children?

In Canada, advocating genocide or inciting hatred against any 'identifiable group' is an indictable offence under the Criminal Code of Canada with maximum terms of two to fourteen years. An 'identifiable group' is defined as 'any section of the public distinguished by colour, race, religion, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.' It makes exceptions for cases of statements of truth, and subjects of public debate and religious doctrine. The landmark judicial decision on the constitutionality of this law was R. v. Keegstra (1990).

Having a swastika..not per se. Painting a swastika on someone unable to give their consent (under 14)? Too bad, so sad.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Having a swastika..not per se. Painting a swastika on someone unable to give their consent (under 14)? Too bad, so sad.

My child. My rules.

Not against the law.

So, you then aggree with your governments authority to kidnap children from parents in which you do not politically agree?

MrBishop

My child. My rules.

Not against the law.

So, you then aggree with your governments authority to kidnap children from parents in which you do not politically agree?

Not against YOUR law, Gonz.

Kidnap? Nope..but a great many kids have been taken from their parents for their own safety. If the parents want the kids back, they have to work for it and PROVE that they can be responsible parents. Whether that means kicking the drugs, joining AA and getting on the wagon, stopping the sexual assaults permanent-like, stopping the verbal/mental/physical abuse etc...

Face it..not everyone should be a parent.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Not against YOUR law, Gonz.

You said it isn't against yours either.

Kidnap? Nope..but a great many kids have been taken from their parents for their own safety.

Then, you are saying that those who you disagree politically should be jailed or otherwise forbidden to participate in society?

If the parents want the kids back, they have to work for it and PROVE that they can be responsible parents.

How about, if the state wants to take the kids, they must prove the parents to be a real & credible threat to their children.

Face it..not everyone should be a parent.

Absolutely. I think I'll take the job as decider.

MrBishop

You said it isn't against yours either.
Read again... the kids can't consent. Do it to yourself, have fun..do it to kids, it's abuse.

, you are saying that those who you disagree politically should be jailed or otherwise forbidden to participate in society?

Don't twist so much, Gonz..you'll herniate something. This goes beyond politics.

about, if the state wants to take the kids, they must prove the parents to be a real & credible threat to their children.

Absolutely. I think I'll take the job as decider.

They do...that's why they show up with a warrant. Sometimes followed by a warrant for the arrest of the parents for what their kids taken away from them in the first place. Sometimes, it's reversed and the arrest comes first.